cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't Activate Sim - Stuck at Choose phone number.

Mathan
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I'm trying to activate a sim but can't go past step 2 where it asks to choose a phone number.

Can't continue by selecting a new number or if I try porting, I'm stuck at Alternate number regex error.

Tried several times in IE, Firefox and Safari. Tried yesterday and today but no go. And this is not the first time I'm activating a sim, I've done it before for wife and my friend few months back no issues. But now have problem.

9 REPLIES 9

@stantolsta wrote:

Hi, I was having the same problem using Chrome on an ipad. I switched to my macbook and had success with Firefox. I would ensure you are using the most current version of your browser.

This thread hasn't had any replies in it for nearly 3 years. I'm sure that this person has figured out how to fix this issue.

stantolsta
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hi, I was having the same problem using Chrome on an ipad. I switched to my macbook and had success with Firefox. I would ensure you are using the most current version of your browser.

Mary_M
Retraité / Retired
Retraité / Retired

Good morning @Mathan

I do apologize but kalla is not in the office today.

Would you be able to send me your Public Mobile number (or account number) by private message ?

I'll take a look at the port request and complete it if necessary.

Thanks!

** Please do not post private info such as: phone number, account number, pin etc.. This is a public forum. **

Mathan
Did you get a chance to request port?

Mathan
Sorry. I didn't check there. Just replied to it. Thanks.

Kalla_A
Retraité / Retired
Retraité / Retired

Hello @Mathan,

I had sent you a private message on Tuesday: did you have a chance to look at it?

Cheers,

Kalla

Mathan
Any updates?

Kalla_A
Retraité / Retired
Retraité / Retired

Hello @Mathan,

I am sorry to hear to that you weren't able to complete your activation. I will look into this for you, and contact you if I require any information. 

We'll get this fixed right away 🙂

Cheers,

Kalla

Luddite
Oracle
Oracle

That is an activation error others have had. I recommend you do not port your current number until you have an active SIM and account. You will need the assistance of one of our moderators; @Shazia_K, @Mary_M, or @Kalla_A. If you have no response within 24 hours let us know.

You will likely need to send them some information by private message. In case you do not how to use this feature, you can review it here: Private Messages - viewing and creating. It will speed things along if you can check in from time during "Ontario business hours" tomorrow.

I assume your old service still functions? Be sure to keep your current account active until you have transferred your number.

Very annoying I know. It will get better.

>>> ALERT: I am not a CSA. Je ne suis pas un Agent du soutien à la clientèle.
Need Help? Let's chat.