cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can receive sms but not send (only to one contact)

sckl
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I seem to be having a problem sending sms messages to a friend I am in BC and she's in Ontario. I don't get an error message. And I don't have this problem sending and receiving texts from any other people. She doesn't have my number blocked because we can talk and she can text me just fine. But for some reason there's no way I can send her a message. I've tried all the troubleshooting, She thinks there's nothing wrong with her phone but something has happened. I just don't know what to do. Any suggestions will help. Thanks in advance. 
Using iPhone. Not iMessage. Sending SMS only.  

24 REPLIES 24

esjliv
Mayor / Maire

@sckl wrote:

I seem to be having a problem sending sms messages to a friend I am in BC and she's in Ontario. I don't get an error message. And I don't have this problem sending and receiving texts from any other people. She doesn't have my number blocked because we can talk and she can text me just fine. But for some reason there's no way I can send her a message. I've tried all the troubleshooting, She thinks there's nothing wrong with her phone but something has happened. I just don't know what to do. Any suggestions will help. Thanks in advance. 
Using iPhone. Not iMessage. Sending SMS only.  

@sckl 

Along with the suggestion of your friend removing you as a contact from their contact list completely, then re-adding you as a contact, I would suggest you also remove her from your contacts and then add her back in.

Also ask her to make sure her Chat Features are off:

Turn Off Chat Features
  1. From a Home screen, tap Messages .
  2. Tap the Menu icon .
  3. Tap Settings.
  4. Tap Advanced.
  5. Tap Chat features.
  6. Tap Enable chat features to turn off .

Also...ask her to try:

• RESET her network settings on her device......Find and tap Settings > System > Advanced > Reset options > Reset network settings.
  • Ensure she has the latest android software
  • Uninstall her messages app, then reinstall it

JK8
Mayor / Maire

@sckl wrote:

I've tried every single method of troubleshooting on my end. 

Have her put her sim in a different phone.

@sckl I talked about on your friend side, ask her to delete you contact and re-add.  When re-adding you,  try to put a 1 as well as not put the 1 in front of your 10 digits number.  See if t makes any difference on either case.  I seen this fixed some text issue before.  

sckl

I've tried every single method of troubleshooting on my end. 

JK8
Mayor / Maire

@sckl 

Can you put your sim in another unlocked phone and see if you can text her? 

sckl

Yeah the issue is only with my number it seems. I've had three other people here locally on the public mobile network text message her and they've all gone through. 

sckl

We can both call each other, no problem there. 

She can send me texts which I receive. 

She cannot receive any of my texts, videos, pictures or GIFs. 

.. and does your friend has SMS receive issue with you only?  how about from others?

Assuming she has issue with you only and others incoming text are fine... 

Did she try clear cache?  She must have some old message from you on her phone.  Can she delete them and see?

Also, if she has you setup on the Contact, try to delete the contact first.  Then re-add you and see if that helps

@sckl wrote:

My apologies, Thanks for your help. I'm leaning 99% it's her end that's causing the issue. 

No worry..

But you can call her without issue?  usually Do Not disturb or blocking a contact blocks both calls and text

sckl

My apologies, Thanks for your help. I'm leaning 99% it's her end that's causing the issue. 

sckl

The color is green like it always shows. She uses an older Samsung Android. I use iPhone XS Max. I can't find any solution on my end, public mobile has no reply, they just tell me to reset my phone. LOL.  I think she must've blocked me somehow somewhere from sending to her. She's not tech savvy at all, I told her to take it to a store to get help. I've done all the recommended troubleshooting I can fine so far no luck after all this time. 

@sckl  my fault for not catch the 2 weeks thing.

but.. I can read. and I did read. I know you said not iMessage..

reason  I asked you for the color.. many people not aware that they were using iMessage and hence the message didn't go through. I just want to confirm that neither you nor your friend was sending iMessage unintentionally.. 

for the 2 weeks.. I guess neither you nor your friend changed phone??

and you both use iPhone??

..I certainly read before I post.. I think before I post too.  If you think we are not helping, I suggest you to open a ticket with PM CS Agent directly.   After all, we are just customers who try to help.. 

sckl

Then read the thread before posting. 

Anonymous
Not applicable

@sckl : We're all fellow customers here just trying to help. No need for the 'tude.

sckl

Can't you read? I said twice now it's been going on for over a week. It's not iMessage! 

@sckl  are you both on iPhone?

Also, you haven't answer the question.. did it just happen lately.. or it has been an issue forever?

what colour of the text bubble on both you and your friends phone?  That can determine if there is a mismatch

Chat-SMS.png

sckl

It's been going on for over week. It's not iMessage. And she talk to Rogers and they couldn't find any network related issues. 

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@sckl  did it just start happening today (or last couple days) and worked well before?

or it always a problem from long time ago?

Also, so you send her messages and she won't receive but when she send you, you have no problem receiving them?

I wonder if it is an issue with iMessage or RCS 

sckl

Yeah I went through all the troubleshooting steps that was recommended by various troubleshooting websites, doesn't seem to fix the problem so I'm thinking the problem is on her end. 

sckl

I'm thinking the problem is on her end. She called Rogers and they went through steps but I don't know if it was done correctly. She says there is no blocking. She's not tech savvy at all so I told her to take her phone to a shop and have them look at it.  Thanks for you reply. 

@sckl What phone do you have? If iPhone, do you have iMessage turned on? To eliminate phone or software issue, try inserting your sim in any other unlocked phone if you have just to test. 

@sckl wrote:

No, That's not the issue here. I have no problem sending and receiving from others. Just her. 

This problem has been going on for about a week or so now. 

If she has acciently blocked you from sending her text messages, that wouldn't necessarily prevent phone calls between the two of you, nor would it prevent her from texting you.  Some phones implement seperate blocking just for text messages, and such a block only prevents incoming messages.  I am wondering if there could have an archived folder of text messages from you on her phone in the messaging app.

sckl

No, That's not the issue here. I have no problem sending and receiving from others. Just her. 

This problem has been going on for about a week or so now. 

@sckl wrote:

There was an issue wtth the network earlier.  Try restarting your phone and try again.

Need Help? Let's chat.