cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can notmake or recieve calls

Flashdance
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

outgoing calls to a local number = message says that the call is long distance and can not be completed.

incoming calls go straght to voice mail.

I can receive text messages.

What the heck is going on? Fix please.

23 REPLIES 23

ThatOtherPeep
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

You might not have a plan that supports incoming/outgoing calls

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Flashdance wrote:

I figured it out!

The solution is to switch to a provider that provides the service that I PAID FOR, and a provider that actually provides support instead of hobby commentators.

Watch social media for more on that front.

Filing a complaint with the CRTC. and DUMPING this pathetic excuse for a cell service provider asap.

So why do you suppose thousands of people are happily going on with their lives enjoying saving money here with service that just keeps on ticking?

All of this emotion and escalate and crtc for...wait for it .... $10. Or even $8 as the case may be. I get the principle but jeez.

Enjoy spending more at another provider. Maybe you'll be back when you see that you're spending so much more and that you have few to no opportunities to reduce your costs like with the rewards here.

I have a re-used term for this support model...crowd-sourced techsupp. There are bunch of people here very knowledgable about phones and add to that knowledgable about this service. It's what one signs up for here. Less for less.

Flashdance

I figured it out!

The solution is to switch to a provider that provides the service that I PAID FOR, and a provider that actually provides support instead of hobby commentators.

Watch social media for more on that front.

Filing a complaint with the CRTC. and DUMPING this pathetic excuse for a cell service provider asap.

Metal1967
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@Flashdance 

You arent expected to do anything..advice/suggestions is what you get on this forum..sometimes someone else can see something you dont that will resolve an issue..anyways hope you get figured out.

Karnbot13
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@Flashdance wrote:

DO you SERIOUSLY expect me to screen cap my usage stats and then spendmy  time editing the screen cap so that personal details are obscurred? Do you REALLY think that a paying customer should submit themselves to all that effort?

Nope, that effort is reserved for a formal complaint to the CRTC.

Not kidding either.

Escalate this.

Yes, we seriously expect you to do that as we are all just customers like yourself and you are on a mostly self service provider. Or did you not do any reading about how it works here BEFORE you signed up?

Flashdance

DO you SERIOUSLY expect me to screen cap my usage stats and then spendmy  time editing the screen cap so that personal details are obscurred? Do you REALLY think that a paying customer should submit themselves to all that effort?

Nope, that effort is reserved for a formal complaint to the CRTC.

Not kidding either.

Escalate this.

Flashdance

I have already screen captured my usages stats for Jan 21 to Feb 21. I have used 41 minutes.

This screen cap is needed so that I can inform the CRTC of this as it appears to be a deception..

I PAID FOR 50 minutes and used 41 minutes. I contacted a moderator and have not received a reply. I am CERTAIN that the CRTC will repsond promptly and deal with it.

@Flashdance 

Can you screen shot your account status page?  Omit any personal information.  That might help us sort things out.  

Otherwise, you may need to contact moderator (PM employee) via private messaging, but that takes 1-2 days for response.  

Send a private message to moderator through the following link :

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

You could also try the lost/stolen phone trick:

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Paying-for-your-service/SOLUTION-My-plan-has-enough-f...

Flashdance

Hmmm....no replies huh?

Maybe the CRTC can help.

Flashdance

Account renews tomorrow and I have used 41 minutes over the past 32 days.

Flashdance

Accirding to the publicmobiel web portal I have used 41 minutes over the past 32 days. NOT 50.

@Flashdance, we are all customers here.  You'll need to contact the Moderator_Team via private message if you wish to escalate it.

Please see the Get Help link at the top of every page.

So, it seems you've used all of your combined 50 minutes.  You will need to add minutes.

Flashdance

Escalate please. This is unacceptable

Flashdance

1) the $10 plan is for ALL OF CANADA

2) I have called those same numbers regulary for 6 months.Area codes used are NOT long distance.

3) Incoming calls also do not come through. All calls go to voice mail.

@Flashdance wrote:

I have $10 plan and have used 41 minutes.

Airplane mode is OFF

Ringer volume is up. Calling from 647 area code to 416 and 437 area codes (local calls)

So the calls to 416 and 437 may not be "local" as local calls are not so-called covered by Public Mobile.  ITry dialling with a 1 to complete the calls.  It should remove the message, as the message is most likely saying 'charges may apply' but they won't.

I'm in a 226 area code, and I can't call without the 1 to other areas off 226 as they are long distance.  519 also, and whatever the new overlay is in South Western Ontario.

If it still doesn't work, try adding long distance minutes (200 or 400 pkg), and if it still fails, contact the moderators to reprovision your account.

Flashdance

The Silence is deafening.

Maybe Rogers can help?

Flashdance

@Dunkgirl wrote:

@Flashdance wrote:

outgoing calls to a local number = message says that the call is long distance and can not be completed.

@Flashdance  Did you just port in?

Came to public 6 months ago

Mobile 6 months ago.

Outgoing call gives you a long distance message, so not a signal issue.  It is probably an account issue. Account did not set up properly?

Dunkgirl
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@Flashdance wrote:

@Flashdance  Did you just port in?

Flashdance

I have $10 plan and have used 41 minutes.

Airplane mode is OFF

Ringer volume is up. Calling from 647 area code to 416 and 437 area codes (local calls)

Dunkman
Oracle
Oracle

@Flashdance 

By chance, do you have the $10 plan, 50 minutes (incoming and outgoing) and 50 texts (outgoing) plan.  If you do have this plan, you may have ran out of minutes.  

stonechucker
Mayor / Maire

@Flashdance, what plan are you on, please be specific.

Where are you calling from, where are you calling too?

Have you just signed up?  Have you checked that Do Not Disturb is off, Airplane mode?

Need Help? Let's chat.