cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can not send MMS messages from iPhone 6S

LitlLdy
Mayor / Maire

Hello, I am wondering if anyone else is having issues with sending MMS (Picture)  messages (MMS is turned on) from their iPhone? It says message send failure. Not delivered. My data is turned on. I am able to sent regular text messages and iMessages but I can not send MMS messages!

I have reset network settings and no luck!

I sent a support ticket for help and a Moderator did a reset of my network which still didn’t help!

I rebooted iPhone again and still no luck!

Any suggestions?

34 REPLIES 34

@z10user4 , It finally worked this time when sending another MMS test message to myself on Talkatone! Hopefully it will still work later today (it’s 2:43am here). There has been many times when I could not make calls, receive calls, send or receive text with PM at times I really needed it to work but this is the first time I have asked on here if anyone else was having any issues.

@Anonymous wrote:

@LitlLdy : Which brings up another test...to yourself. Or significant other. Or get a voip app like TextNow and send to it. I'm sure some of those apps exist in the Apple world.

When no one could receive the MMS messages that I tried to send MMS messages to I then tried my Talkatone app to receive them at 5:30pm and could only receive text. I tried again at 8pm and 11pm and still no luck. I then shut off my iPhone around 12am to give it a break and not send anything in error that late. As you can tell my aggravations through all this along with me being very tired (insomnia) and extreme pain (Fibromyalgia). I have tried my best to respond/answer questions as best I could. My brain fog is having issues!

I’m going to turn my iPhone back on, reset my network settings again and try again to send it to myself.

@Anonymous wrote:

@LitlLdy : Which brings up another test...to yourself. Or significant other. Or get a voip app like TextNow and send to it. I'm sure some of those apps exist in the Apple world.

@LitlLdy Folllow this advice. You don't need to send MMS to someone else. Send it to yourself. If others can't get them, that means your firend's phone or carrier is the cause.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

@LitlLdy : Another shot in the dark...can you delete all the past MMS's out of any conversations that have not gone through? Or even the conversations that contain failed MMS's? Then MMS on, cellular data on and test.

I will delete them and then make another attempt to send an MMS message at a better time of day. It’s 1:30am so I don’t want to try to send any this late 🤣. I may get a not so nice text back 😆

Anonymous
Not applicable

@LitlLdy : Another shot in the dark...can you delete all the past MMS's out of any conversations that have not gone through? Or even the conversations that contain failed MMS's? Then MMS on, cellular data on and test.

@wetcoaster wrote:

@LitlLdy wrote:

@mimmo wrote:

Hi @LitlLdy  I dont recall reading,  did mms work before and then just stop?  are you a new customer?

do you have another phone handy that you could swap sims with and see if the issue still happens in the other phone or on your phone.  

this post is always a good read https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Phones-Hardware/FYI-iOS-and-APNs/m-p/323118?search-ac...

also  in the past I have had glitches with sending pics  it usually lasted about 24 hours then they were sending no problem  (using android)

Hi, I haven’t sent pictures through MMS in a long time so I am not sure when it stopped working. I just needed them to send today. Which of course they refuse to work no matter what I try, research and use Moderator messages to try to get help.

No, I’m not a new customer.

I have 1 phone.

I looked and I already had that link and went through it before making my post. Thanks though. It’s a really good one but no luck. 

Thanks for trying to help.

So just to confirm: your iphone is running the newest os version?

Not an apple person, so feel free to tell me to shut up... Literally just trying to help by trying to remember what has helped a friend on a 6S a while ago.

One thing I noticed on Android messages is that if a MMS is "stuck" (which happens occasionally for me too) it'll send if I'm switching between 3G (which I normally have on so that calls are more likely coming through - I'm often in a weird spot for reception, and it seems to help) and 4G. 

Yes, I am using the latest update.

I have tried switching between 3G and LTE for sending MMS and neither have worked for me! That’s a great suggestion though. I appreciate you responding and trying.

I live in town and have full bars which I looked at also.

I wish I could figure it out! I am not even sure when it stopped working due to I have not had the need to send an MMS message in awhile due to I have other methods online to send pictures (instant messaging programs/apps) but need to send it through MMS this time unfortunately.

@LitlLdy wrote:

@mimmo wrote:

Hi @LitlLdy  I dont recall reading,  did mms work before and then just stop?  are you a new customer?

do you have another phone handy that you could swap sims with and see if the issue still happens in the other phone or on your phone.  

this post is always a good read https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Phones-Hardware/FYI-iOS-and-APNs/m-p/323118?search-ac...

also  in the past I have had glitches with sending pics  it usually lasted about 24 hours then they were sending no problem  (using android)

Hi, I haven’t sent pictures through MMS in a long time so I am not sure when it stopped working. I just needed them to send today. Which of course they refuse to work no matter what I try, research and use Moderator messages to try to get help.

I have 1 phone.

I looked and I already had that link and went through it before making my post. Thanks though. It’s a really good one but no luck. 

So just to confirm: your iphone is running the newest os version?

Not an apple person, so feel free to tell me to shut up... Literally just trying to help by trying to remember what has helped a friend on a 6S a while ago.

One thing I noticed on Android messages is that if a MMS is "stuck" (which happens occasionally for me too) it'll send if I'm switching between 3G (which I normally have on so that calls are more likely coming through - I'm often in a weird spot for reception, and it seems to help) and 4G. 

LitlLdy
Mayor / Maire

It’s 12am and my iPhone is now shut off for the night to avoid any unnecessary MMS messages going through this late at night and pray they do not decide to start going through this time of night while people are sleeping! I have no control over the receiving end on other people’s phones though.

Spudster
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

You're very welcome!!!

Hope you're able to find a solution. 

@Spudster wrote:

You know folks on here are just trying to be helpful, right @LitlLdy  ?

Good luck!!!

Have I once stated that they are not? Please read the messages again. I answered everyone’s messages and explained as well as I am able to. Thanks for your help!

Spudster
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

You know folks on here are just trying to be helpful, right @LitlLdy  ?

Good luck!!!

@hTideGnow wrote:

@LitlLdy  if all have done , i guess it's time to contact the Mod to confirm if anything wrong with your account.

As per post I did that before asking on here if anyone else is having the same issues.

@LitlLdy  if all have done , i guess it's time to contact the Mod to confirm if anything wrong with your account.

@HALIMACS wrote:

@LitlLdy 

Did you COMPLETELY TURN OFF iMessage, THEN try to send an MMS message?

Like this, @LitlLdy 

How to enable MMS on an iPhone 

1. Open Settings.

2. Tap on Messages (it should be about halfway down the column that starts with "Passwords & Accounts").

3. Scroll down to the column with the heading "SMS/MMS" and if necessary tap on "MMS Messaging" to turn the toggle green.

HALIMACS_0-1618626334218.png

Enable MMS Messaging by turning the toggle green. 

Yes, as I have stated numerous time I have turned off iMessages (I know how and knew how) and I have tried repeatedly to send MMS messages and no one receives them. Only text messages. 

I know how and where to enable MMS Messaging and have also disabled it and reenabled it hoping it would help which didn’t.

Before you ask, yes my data is turned on. Have reset network settings and rebooted. None of which helped.

@HALIMACS wrote:

@LitlLdy 

Yes, as I said I did. I know how to. Although I’ve only been using iPhones for 6 years I still have much to learn. So, I do make mistakes 😀 

@LitlLdy 

Like this, @LitlLdy 

How to enable MMS on an iPhone 

1. Open Settings.

2. Tap on Messages (it should be about halfway down the column that starts with "Passwords & Accounts").

3. Scroll down to the column with the heading "SMS/MMS" and if necessary tap on "MMS Messaging" to turn the toggle green.

HALIMACS_0-1618626334218.png

Enable MMS Messaging by turning the toggle green. 

@HALIMACS wrote:

@LitlLdy 

Do you know anyone in your vicinity/home who might 'lend' you their SIM card so you can put it in your device and try to send an MMS message to the person you're trying to send MMS's to?

It would be interesting to see the results to help establish whether it's an issue with your account/SIM or a problem with your device settings.

No, I wish I did. People in my building have home phones. Not cell phones. I haven’t been visiting with people and my family and friends live 3-5 hours away. It just seems odd that no one can receive any of my MMS messages and only text messages and iMessages. So something is not right. Nothing has changed with my phone (I have never changed anything) except trying what was suggested on here today. Which hasn’t worked. It’s very frustrating and it’s included unlimited on my plan that I pay for. So it’s either an issues with my service or an issue with everyone I’m messaging!

@LitlLdy 

Do you know anyone in your vicinity/home who might 'lend' you their SIM card so you can put it in your device and try to send an MMS message to the person you're trying to send MMS's to?

It would be interesting to see the results to help establish whether it's an issue with your account/SIM or a problem with your device settings.

@esjliv wrote:

@LitlLdy ,

Have you tried sending an MMS to a different person/number? Does it work or still the same issue?

Hi, MMS messages do not work no matter who I send them to. That’s why I came on here to see if anyone else is having the same issue today. A Moderator is having no luck at all helping me with it! Wanted me to change several Apn settings on my iPhone in which I do not have like some other brand phones do and disagreed with me so I am at a loss!

@esjliv wrote:

@LitlLdy ,

Have you tried sending an MMS to a different person/number? Does it work or still the same issue?

@esjliv    The OP posted earlier that no one can receive them.

@LitlLdy ,

@HALIMACS wrote:

@LitlLdy 

Don't go so far as to toggle off MMS, just the iMessage function.

I forgot to tell you that I did that and it made no difference. It did not help.

@mimmo wrote:

I have 1 phone.

mimmo
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@HALIMACS wrote:

@LitlLdy 

Are you sending it to someone who can receive an MMS message?   I wonder if the recipient doesn't have data, and that's prompting the failed message you're receiving.

Or is it happening with a user with whom you've previously had MMS messaging successfully transmitted/received?

Yes, the user asked me to send pictures of the issues I’m having. Text received, pics would not send. As per post message send failure. Not delivered. No one can receive them. 

@LitlLdy 

Don't go so far as to toggle off MMS, just the iMessage function.

@LitlLdy 

Are you sending it to someone who can receive an MMS message?   I wonder if the recipient doesn't have data, and that's prompting the failed message you're receiving.

Or is it happening with a user with whom you've previously had MMS messaging successfully transmitted/received?

@HALIMACS wrote:

Try this:

1. Open Settings.

3. Tap on iMessage so the green toggle goes to gray.

Once iMessage is off, if for some reason you really want to restrict what content you can text, you can turn off MMS as well, solely leaving you with SMS.

If I turn off MMS it would defeat the purpose of this post 🤣 

Also, I have already had it set to send text messages which includes MMS first before I try to use iMessage. Which it will not let me send using iMessage when the users phone is not an iPhone receiving it. Which I wasn’t trying to do. 

@hTideGnow wrote:

you sure MMS is turned on?

Settings -> Messages and make sure the switch next to MMS Messaging is turned on.

I should have included that with my post. It is not turned off. 

Need Help? Let's chat.