cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can i receive calls from Canada when I am overseas?

Okangela
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I have a basic talk and text plan without data. If I bring my phone overseas, will I still be able to receive calls and messages from Canada? Is there an option to add roaming service to my plan? Does it matter which country I will be at?

4 REPLIES 4

srlawren
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@Okangela wrote:

I have a basic talk and text plan without data. If I bring my phone overseas, will I still be able to receive calls and messages from Canada? Is there an option to add roaming service to my plan? Does it matter which country I will be at?

@Okangela where are you planning to travel?  You will probably want to pick up a local SIM card in that country (or the first country you're landing in) with a pre-paid short-term plan.  We might be able to offer up some suggestions if you're wanting more info.  For example, for the UK, I know @Luddite swears by Giff Gaff.  When I went to Europe recently, I started in Paris, so I chose LeFrench Mobile, since they 1) market to visitors, with service in English, 2) if you order enough in advance, you can have the SIM shipped to your home or office in Canada to have it before you even leave, and 3) offered decent plans for use in Paris and other EU countries.  I used it in Paris and London with good success, except that it was limited to HSPA+ speed data with no access to LTE.  Worked well for my needs.  Had I landed in the UK first, I probably would have gone with Giff Gaff.

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

hamaida
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

@Okangelaroaming only with United State for now.

Carld123
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

Your phone will not have service while you are overseas..asfor roaming..you can have roaming access in the USA..

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Okangela wrote:

The only roaming is in the US. Otherwise no your Public Mobile service doesn't work anywhere else.

Need Help? Let's chat.