cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can I switch my number to another sim card?

Bobbi224
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hey! I lost my phone on the weekend (already reported it as lost/stolen) but got a new one today. I've had the same number for years and would like to keep it, if at all possible. Is there any way I could get a new sim but keep my number? 

4 REPLIES 4

ongom

I have done so. I kept my number. I contacted service, they deactivated my lost SIM and my number became available. While I was registering, I selected my number and registered the new SIM as my number

mm80
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

@ongom When switching sims, you don't have choice of phone number. You can't activate a new account ane move number from Public to Public. The customers needs to only enable the new sim inside the current PM account.

ongom

Very easy. when you are registering your SIM card, there will be an option to select your number. I was worried about this too but found it to be the easiest

kb_mv
Mayor / Maire

@Bobbi224 wrote:

Hey! I lost my phone on the weekend (already reported it as lost/stolen) but got a new one today. I've had the same number for years and would like to keep it, if at all possible. Is there any way I could get a new sim but keep my number? 

@Bobbi224 Most certainly, that is the way to do it. DO NOT activate your new sim!

You can go into your self serve account and select Change Sim Card.

Screen Shot 2020-08-17 at 4.13.16 PM.png

Need Help? Let's chat.