cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can I phone public mobile and talk to a person? ....and what is the number?

jocondo
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Can I phone public mobile and talk to a person? ....and what is the number?

36 REPLIES 36

@Lackster8036   Just to confirm, did you logon to My Account and confirm if you see a line there showing you have data now?  Like the line below 500Mb+500Mb at 3G Speed.  Yours could be different depends on how much data you have monthly.

E-MyAcc-OW-AddOnUsage_Purchase.png

If you see the line but  cannot use data still, then i would like to know any chance you are using an Android?  Android has a way to limit data usage and will stop further data download if limit is reached.

of course, you will also need to confirm Mobile Data is turned on  🙂

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Lackster8036 wrote:

I am beginning a new month and have a gig of data but for some reason I suddenly cannot get data.

@Lackster8036 

because you have used it all up.

go sign in to Self-Serve, to review your account usage history,

for more information about Managing Your Data Usage visit  Here link to save your data...

and turn off background data, to save your data.

when your data limit used all, is will be off until next renewal cycle,

at public mobile 30 day Prepaid Service No fees extra charges,

if you don't have data you can Purchase Add-Ons,

Lackster8036

I am beginning a new month and have a gig of data but for some reason I suddenly cannot get data.

@Brenda62 

Purchase a voucher first and add it thru 611 so you can get your services reactivated then contact the moderators to gain access to your self serve account. Follow the method below to verify the account and send a message.

Contact the moderators by sending a private message and leave a detailed message explaining your issue and the info to verify your account by including the following information:

1. Full name and address on account. ( Or province and postal code for newer accounts.)
  2. Email, phone # and pin #.

If you cannot remember your pin # include at least three of the following:

1. Date of birth (n/a on newer accounts.)
  2. Last payment, date, amount, type and last 4 digits.
  3. Alternate phone number if any.
  4. Security question and answer.
  5. Plan amount, any add ons or promos on account.
  6. Last 4 digits of sim card.
  7. Any rewards in your account.
  8. Autopay y/n?
  9. Account #.
  10. Frequently called/texted phone numbers in the last 30 days.

The average wait time is 2 to 4 hours but be prepared to wait up to 48 hours for non urgent requests. Current wait times are about one hour and are probably even less as I have had some very quick responses lately. Keep an eye on your private message box the envelope icon next to your avatar for a little number to pop indicating a message from the moderators. Responding promptly will speed up service times.

Do not post any of this info in the community only in your private messages when communicating or contacting the Moderator_Team.

To send a private message to the moderators click below:

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

@Brenda62 wrote:

What if I don't remember my account number, or pin number? Haven't used them in probably ten years. Why can't they email me? The customer service team is more like a self serve check out. How can I enter my new, differently numbered credit card for authorization? 

no matter the situation or how long you have not used the account , this is still going via the same procedure to engage Mod to look into your issue

1. For faster response (2 to 48 hours), Click on the bubble in the lower right corner and request moderator assistance, or you can also use this direct link instead https://publicmobile.ca/chatbot , then type "Submit a ticket", select Account-specific issue, then select I need a human now. Follow the prompts to submit a ticket.

2. Or you can Send a private message to the moderator here: https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

To connect to Mod, please 

@Brenda62 wrote:

What if I don't remember my account number, or pin number? Haven't used them in probably ten years. Why can't they email me? The customer service team is more like a self serve check out. How can I enter my new, differently numbered credit card for authorization? 

Are you still active member of Public Mobile? Do you still use their service - have active phone number?

I believe after 3 month of inactivity (not paid for the service) your account is deactivated.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Brenda62 : Paying with a voucher doesn't need any of that. Buy the voucher and redeem it in 611 on the phone with the SIM in. Or use that toll free number from any phone. No PIN. Do you have access to your self-serve account? That's the only place to do anything with payment cards. The moderators might be able to do that for you but when there's a self-serve, why bother.

They don't just come running. You need to contact them.

Brenda62

@Brenda62 

There is no phone number to call you have to submit a support ticket or private message the moderators for help. Do you not have access to your self serve account?

To get your plan renewed it may be easiest at the moment to purchase a voucher and add it thru 611 on your phone. Just dial 611 and then press (1) and (1) again and enter the vouchers 12 digit pin #. Once 611 tells you that you successfully entered a payment you will also recieve a text message from 611 saying the same thing. You may need to reboot your phone.

Vouchers from Shell, 7/11, SDM and London Drugs can all be added to your account immediately after purchase. More info on vouchers here...

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Paying-for-your-service/Voucher-Catalogue/m-p/479165#...

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Brenda62 : You could buy a voucher in many stores or online and use the 611 service to redeem it. Or use the Instant Top-up method in a few stores.

Are you not able to log in to your self-serve account? Did you try the Forgot your password? link?

The moderator wait time says it's _up_ to 2 days. Response times are generally within an hour or two these days if not less.

@Brenda62 Doesn't matter how long you've been a customer. There's no call centre. You'll have to contact a moderator for account help.

Brenda62

I had to quickly cancel my credit card. I have received a new one, but authorizing a new number with you, is not an option. I need someone to email me with a phone number for a live person. Yes, I have been a member before 2015. Your 611 and 1-855-478-2542 numbers don't connect me with anyone, or solve my problem. Two days wait is too long. I need my phone now, and cutting it off without notice has really messed me up. Why isn't an automatic payment from my checking account not an option?! Help!!!

Anonymous
Not applicable

at public mobile no body can talking to you by phone call only by message and until your case the will found out where the issue and if the have to give a call the will but the give 100%  solve it by message,

you need to Submit a ticket to a moderator.

Here’s when and how to contact the Moderator Team:

• Get help with your account the easy way by starting a conversation with our virtual assistant, SIMon. It’ll take you to relevant help articles, or if it’s something more urgent, it can help you submit a ticket to the Moderator Team. Click here to get started.
  • or you can send a private message to Moderator_Team by Click here.            You’ll need to be logged in to your Community account for the link to work.

• In your message put it, please include.
  • your account number,
  • your phone number,
  • your account PIN,
  • explanation to them nice Team and nice service 

Only one way to you fix it explanation to moderator them nice Team and nice service the will 100% help you,

Good Luck

@Ashtoncampbell1 wrote:

My phone not working. I need talk to a person.

@Ashtoncampbell1 , all customer service is online here at Public Mobile:

On the Community where you just posted is where other members and customers, just like you, help trouble shoot issues.

Please give details about what is going on, and Community will likely be able to help you.

Did you just activate a SIM or port over a phone number or get a new phone or etc....

Try:

• toggling to airplane mode for a few minutes, then back to regular mode.
  • Turn off your phone for a couple minutes then reboot
  • RESET network settings.
  • Try your SIM into another compatible phone
  • is your phone locked to its previous provider? call them to unlock it, if so.
  • is your phone blacklisted: https://www.devicecheck.ca/check-status-device-canada/

Some things to try, but report back if it is something else.

For Account specific related questions/issues; Public Mobile representatives are called Moderators. And there are two methods to reach them that can be found here: https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/bc/get-help/articles/contact-a-moderator

Ashtoncampbell1

need talk to a person.. my phone not working.

Ashtoncampbell1

My phone not working. I need talk to a person.

wellis
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

As of right now, there is no person-to-person customer service available at PM. That said, there are some very knowledgable members in the community that can help answer questions:)

@JasonRose wrote:

Use chat chat function online, it returns help pretty fast.

Unfortunately, there is no online chat function for existing customers. The live chat feature is run by retail staff and they're there onlne for sales/activation related questions. Please note that the message that you replied to is from more than 5 years ago, and when the question was asked, the live chat feature didn't exist.

JasonRose
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Use chat chat function online, it returns help pretty fast.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@gmilesgwen 

If you might still have your welcome email from activation then your account number is embedded in the To:.

If you can log in to your self serve, it's in the upper right area in a drop down box.

Edit: More. Coffee.

@gmilesgwen 

You can find your account number in your self service account on the right upper hand corner. If you are unable to access, your account.... try to reset your password. 

https://selfserve.publicmobile.ca/forgot-password/

If that does not work, you will need to contact moderator to get access to your self service account.

To contact moderator via 2 methods:

1. Ticketing system - faster response time

Click on the question mark on the right lower corner of website to start ticketing process to contact moderator.  Type: Contact moderator. Follow the prompts to submit ticket.  

or

2 Send a private message to moderator through the following link :

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

You also should have received a welcome email from Public mobile when you first activated your account.  The address to: section has your account number. 

The account number is the number that is needed for porting purposes. 

gmilesgwen

Anonymous
Not applicable

@yerac wrote:

I like to speak to somebody I paid for my phone and it still not working

@yerac 

Yeah no there's no call centre to talk to. But this community might be able to help you.

When did you activate?

What plan are you on?

What make/model/submodel phone are you using?

Did you transfer a number over from another provider?

What's not working...calls in/out, texts in/out, internet/MMS?

Need Help? Let's chat.