cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can I keep a new inactivated plan if I temporarily disable my plan?

alexadiiii
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I'm not going to be needing my phone for a month or two, so my plan was to turn of autopay so I don't get charged for the unused months, then continue my plan as usual. I previously read another topic on how turning autopay off (at a max of 90 days as to not completely have my account disabled) was the only option I have for this so thus it was my first plan of action.

My only problem now is that at the start of this month I activated a new plan to start in August, and it's staying stagnant until then.

My question is, if I stop autopay for these two months, will I lose my currently unactivated plan for August? It was a promotional plan that is not available currently, so I feared that if I do stop my autopay for these two months I'll lose that promotion and be stuck with my old plan.

Thanks in advance

4 REPLIES 4

This is something a lot of people were doing when the Fall Promo in 2016 was hugely popular.

Plans were being signed up for 90 days on a cheap text only plan, then future dating the plan change to the promo and then removing the AutoPay.  I do not recall any one complaining about it not working out for them.

mimmo
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@ future dating a plan  will lock in the promo wether or not you have enough funds.  The plan change happens first then the payment.  I have done this before and it has been confirmed by mods as well.

ShawnC13
Oracle
Oracle

@alexadiiii wrote:

I'm not going to be needing my phone for a month or two, so my plan was to turn of autopay so I don't get charged for the unused months, then continue my plan as usual. I previously read another topic on how turning autopay off (at a max of 90 days as to not completely have my account disabled) was the only option I have for this so thus it was my first plan of action.

My only problem now is that at the start of this month I activated a new plan to start in August, and it's staying stagnant until then.

My question is, if I stop autopay for these two months, will I lose my currently unactivated plan for August? It was a promotional plan that is not available currently, so I feared that if I do stop my autopay for these two months I'll lose that promotion and be stuck with my old plan.

Thanks in advance

I actually think that this plan change will not go through.  See it is set for your next renewal but if you turn  off autopay your plan will  be suspended andwhen you come back you can't change your plan only a moderator can change a plan when your account is suspended.  Also the Mods can only change it to an in market plan I believe.  So I do think you will lose this promo that is no longer available.  Only option I can see is if you really want this promo to do an immediate plan change pay the full month and then turn off autopay.  Now this is just my thoughts as I have never seen a question or a scenario like this but based on paln changes and suspended accounts this is the answered to the best of my knowledge

I am happy to help, but I am not a Customer Support Agent please do not include any personal info in a message to me. Click HERE to create a trouble ticket through SIMon the Chatbot *

Dunkman
Oracle
Oracle

Your situation is somewhat unique.  Not sure whether any community members have been in a similar situation in the past and can advise you with certainty.

If you really want this new promo to be available and active after your two month hold (no autopay), you might want to contact one of the moderators.  Or wait until the morning when more of the experienced members of the group can advise you.  

Need Help? Let's chat.