cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can I have my phone number back please?

Neptunis
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hello Public Mobile ...can i have my phone number back please ...it was on the same SIM card. Thanks

14 REPLIES 14

@Neptunis 

Contact the moderators and tell them you changed your phone number by mistake. If it was originally a pm/koodo/telus number they may be able to retrieve or hold it for you. You can only vhange your number once every 30 days. Only they can return it yo your account/sim card. Once you submit your service request then go to the change number feature in your account and start searching.....

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Neptunis wrote:

No Zlouser4 I am still with Public Mobile!

I understand more of what has happened. But to help you with further ideas it would be good to know if you had at one time transferred/ported the number into Public Mobile from elsewhere.

If you chose a new number when you started with Public Mobile then maybe you could get it back if you had only just recently changed your number. But if you changed it some time ago then not likely.

If you ported the number in then you would have to go back to where the number came from to have any chance of getting it back.

Neptunis

No Zlouser4 I am still with Public Mobile!

@Neptunis wrote:

zblackma : I just changed my number but i want it back....

@Neptunis  @RossN  @gpixel  If you can't find it in the drop down list under Change Number then it's gone. The moderators will no longer search for lost numbers.

>>> ALERT: I am not a CSA. Je ne suis pas un Agent du soutien à la clientèle.

popping
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@Neptunis wrote:

If your old number was not from Telus, Koodo or PM, it was the worse thing that you can do by changing your number.  As soon as you change your number, your old number was released back to the provider who gave your that number.  It is no longer under PM control.

Which provider gave your your old number?

@Neptunis   contact a moderator  click on the ? Bottom right hand corner Ask Simon to speak to a human this will help create a ticket to speak to a moderator  request old number     check the envelope top right corner for a reply response time is 2 to 48 hours

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Neptunis wrote:

No no the number is stil avaible and my SIM is still valid

With that SIM in your phone, what happens when you dial 611? What makes you say the "SIM is still valid"? Where did the number originate from?

Edit: did you port that number from another provider that wasn't Telus or Koodo?

Neptunis

Neptunis

No no the number is stil avaible and my SIM is still valid

zblackma
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@Neptunis what happened to the number? Was it sim jacked? Did the account expire? Where was the number originally from? Which provider? 

gpixel
Mayor / Maire

@Neptunis hi, contact customer support to see if it's still available to retrieve

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

make sure to check your inbox(top right corner envelope icon) periodically, for a response

RossN
Mayor / Maire

@Neptunis hi if it has been more than 90 days of inactivity on that account then your sim is no longer any good and your number is most likely gone try calling the number to see if anyone picks up

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Neptunis wrote:

Hello Public Mobile ...can i have my phone number back please ...it was on the same SIM card. Thanks

Do you have the PM SIM still? How long ago did you have active service with PM? Where did the number originally come from?

Neptunis

I would love to re-activate my old number please... I called my old number and it is not in service. The number is xxxxxxxxxxxx, I am with you Public Mobile.... thank you

Neptunis

edited by comptuergeek541: phone number removed

Need Help? Let's chat.