cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can I get the Koodo plan $40 8gb if I already have the $40 6gb plan?

Minkib
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I switched from PM to Koodo end of March and got the $40 6GB. Is there anyway I can get the $40 8GB plan instead.?? *

Please let me know, thank you. 

19 REPLIES 19

Minkib

That's really good. Can you provide me with your phone number so I can give it to Koodo if you are okay with that? Just so I have something to show them this person got it.

They told me if they have a number they would consider doing something for me. You, can also PM me the number if thats better ? Please if you Can it would help me out for sure.

hxj140
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

I migrated two lines to koodo back in March, 2018 on the $40/6 GB offer.

I called twice, was very pleasant, calm, and professional. I did not demand anything, I just asked if there was any way to get a bit more data without a plan change. The supervisor put me on hold, came back, apologized for not being able to put me on the$40/8 GB plan, and gave me an extra gig for free for 24 months. Not bad at all since I really wasn't expecting anything.

Minkib

No luck with this plan. I called again and getting no from them. Stupid that we cannot get it. 

torontokris
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

@will13am wrote:

@torontokris wrote:

@Minkib wrote:

I switched from PM to Koodo end of March and got the $40 6GB. Is there anyway I can get the $40 8GB plan instead.?? *

@will13am @Shutdown

One person on red flag said they were able to call in and get 2GB bonus for life essentially making it the same $40/8GB plan

Then 400 others start asking how.  It's the luck of the draw.  You could be just as lucky or you get sent packing.  Since it's not written policy, there's nothing to discuss. 

The question was if there is anyway to get the 2GB add on. I said to call in and try. You said don't it won't happen "bigger waste of time". But someone (a couple now) were able to get it.

Now your saying it's not wrritten policy? Neither is retentions or black friday or sales phones but they happen.

@torontokris wrote:

@Minkib wrote:

@will13am @Shutdown

One person on red flag said they were able to call in and get 2GB bonus for life essentially making it the same $40/8GB plan

Then 400 others start asking how.  It's the luck of the draw.  You could be just as lucky or you get sent packing.  Since it's not written policy, there's nothing to discuss. 

torontokris

@Minkib wrote:

@will13am @Shutdown

torontokris

@will13am wrote:

@torontokris wrote:

@Minkib wrote:

1) Try your phone number with the 8GB/$40! code and see if your eligible (your number maybe still in the database)

2) Call into koodo customer service they will deny it but ask for a supervisor. A few people have had to try a couple times but have been successful.

1) can't work because the line is no longer with Public Mobile.  Don't waste time.

2) even more time wasted.  If it's that easy, every Koodo customer would flood the call center with plan change requests.  There are no mulligans.  What is done is done.  

1) I personally know of a number on the $40/6gb and their number still worked for this new promo. Don't know why maybe still in the database not sure. He's going to open a line for his dad with it.

What's the harm trying his code online.. takes 30 seconds. He can do that while waiting on the phone for #2

2) your on rfd you see all the people tying up the lines waiting hours just to save $5 or switch from $45/8gb to $40/8GB. And some are able to. With 6GB for sure it's harder but why not try if that's what he wants. Maybe they will give a 2GB add on bonus instead.

Who says it's not possible? Get the right supervisor or rententions. 

I'm staying with the 6GB it's what I agreed to myself and that's just me ... But if he can get it why not try?

@torontokris wrote:

@Minkib wrote:

1) Try your phone number with the 8GB/$40! code and see if your eligible (your number maybe still in the database)

2) Call into koodo customer service they will deny it but ask for a supervisor. A few people have had to try a couple times but have been successful.

1) can't work because the line is no longer with Public Mobile.  Don't waste time.

2) even more time wasted.  If it's that easy, every Koodo customer would flood the call center with plan change requests.  There are no mulligans.  What is done is done.  

It is really a Koodo issue.  Not a public mobile issue since you are with Koodo now.  All you can do is keep trying to call and maybe escalate your request to supervisor.  Here is the huge RFD thread on this deal....  Good luck.

http://forums.redflagdeals.com/koodo-35-5gb-40-8gb-public-mobile-migration-plus-180-bill-credit-2217...

Shutdown
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

The wait time is 2h for calling btw and the people who got it had just changed to $45/8gb since they were very recent they were able to get $40/8gb.

torontokris

@Minkib wrote:

Ok thank you  I definitely will let you know. 

And whens the last day to get this plan, on the phone lady told me end of August but on the forum I read it was September 4.

Also what's the best way for us to explain this to them on the phone? It will get very frustrating calling many times and wait time is so long. 

Text message says September 4th. I haven't tried to call in. I just am happy with the $40/6GB but if your successful let me know.

Shutdown
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

I also tried switching from $40/6gb and they said no so I went back to PM since I only use like 3gb anyways and it's cheaper with autopay. You would have to switch back to PM and wait for the next round of offers to come likely.

Minkib

Ok thank you  I definitely will let you know. 

And whens the last day to get this plan, on the phone lady told me end of August but on the forum I read it was September 4.

Also what's the best way for us to explain this to them on the phone? It will get very frustrating calling many times and wait time is so long. 

torontokris

@Minkib wrote:

She also mentioned to give her some phone. Numbers that have done it and she would look into it. 

Is there anyway you can provide me with some numbers so I can tell them.? 

It was a forum on redflagdeals that users said they were able to switch. Sorry I don't know their numbers. If you find any or have any luck let me know I also have a $40/6GB plan

hxj140
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

Sometimes, it can take several calls to get the deal. Unfortunately, the wait times on the phone are over an hour and that's just to speak with a first-line agent.

Please be kind, calm, and professional. These agents are following company policy and may not have the authority to make certain changes on your account without supervisor/manager approval.

Just my $0.02 worth.

Minkib

She also mentioned to give her some phone. Numbers that have done it and she would look into it. 

Is there anyway you can provide me with some numbers so I can tell them.? 

Minkib

I called yesterday and Koodo was being stupid with me on phone. Lady kept telling me there's nothing I can do , and all this stuff.

But it's not fair since I only switched not to long ago. 

torontokris

@Minkib wrote:

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Minkib, The Koodo promos that are sent directly to PM users are targetted.  That is, they are only available to those who received them.

Need Help? Let's chat.