cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can I get messages from Public emailed instead of texted

RMF
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Can I get messages from Public emailed instead of texted - if yes how do I go about it?

Thank you in advance for any help you can give me.

12 REPLIES 12

RMF

@GinYVR wrote:

@RMFYou can try the old method of contacting the moderators https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

But it will not be prioritized so be aware it might be a while before the moderators get back to you.

Thank you!!!!!!  I will try that, and if no luck, will give up - at least I tried!!!!!!!!

GinYVR
Mayor / Maire

@RMFYou can try the old method of contacting the moderators https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

But it will not be prioritized so be aware it might be a while before the moderators get back to you.

RMF

@Triguy wrote:

Clicking on the question mark creates a ticket.  An Orcale has confirmed that email option is not available.

It said do not understand the question and directed me to the community.

so is there another way to contact the mods?  I already know from you guys that having it changed to emails can't be done, and getting an app for it will not work as there will be a different sim in the phone but by choice am going to continue paying for Pubics service during that time, but now wondering if a way to have the texts sent to a different number

DL888
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

Don't think so...

Triguy
Mayor / Maire

Clicking on the question mark creates a ticket.  An Orcale has confirmed that email option is not available.

RMF

@Triguy wrote:

I don't think that is an option.  You could try contacting a moderator by clicking on the question mark on the bottom right.

I tried clicking on the question mark - you are not able to send an email to the mods

that way.

RMF

@ChuckYeah wrote:

@Triguy is right. There is nowhere in self serve to redirect texts to email. A chat with moderator s may not help either but it will only take a few min of your and their time.

Post the results here if you wouldn't mind.

I haven't contacted the mods yet, but am going to now and will def. post the results.  From what people say it probably cannot be done, but I am also going to ask if the texts could go to another number, which I also doubt, but will let you know!!. 

RMF

@will13am wrote:

@RMF, Public Mobile does not offer this.  However, there is an app for that.  Go to the play store or iOS equivalent and search out an app to do that. 

Thank you for your suggestion, but it wont work for me putting on an app as the phone will have a different sim in it at that time for a trip to USA and I wouldn't want texts to the USA number being changed into emails and that would happen with the app on the phone,. 

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

@RMF, Public Mobile does not offer this.  However, there is an app for that.  Go to the play store or iOS equivalent and search out an app to do that. 

mimmo
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

It's not possible. I would not bother messaging the mods. 

If you are using Android you could install a sms to email app. Not sure if they have fiters to decide which sms get forwarded.

@Triguy is right. There is nowhere in self serve to redirect texts to email. A chat with moderator s may not help either but it will only take a few min of your and their time.

Post the results here if you wouldn't mind.

Triguy
Mayor / Maire

I don't think that is an option.  You could try contacting a moderator by clicking on the question mark on the bottom right.

Need Help? Let's chat.