cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can I continue to use my older SIM on a different phone

Surreyboy
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Long story short...I am stuck with port-in stuck issue for almost 24 hours. Have contacted the moderator but haven't received any acknowledgment.

Can make calls, connect to Telus network but can't receive calls or text messages.

My fido SIM is still active.

Can I insert this SIM in a different phone and carry on with two different phones or will that complicate things further?

5 REPLIES 5

shaner82
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

Just make sure to never phone your old cell provider and get them to intervene.  If for some reason they released your number before the port was fully complete, it could screw up the transition and you could theoretically lose your number.  

Always let the new provider do everything and don't even phone the old provider.  It's just asking for problems if you do

Luddite
Oracle
Oracle

Not a problem; excellent transition plan!

When Fido stops your port-in is complete and full service should be with PM.

Do not cancel your Fido plan; let the systems do that once your port-in has finished.

>>> ALERT: I am not a CSA. Je ne suis pas un Agent du soutien à la clientèle.

shaner82
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

It won't complicate anything.  I can do that myself right now as incoming calls aren't working for me on PM but are working on Rogers.  Everything else works on PM.  So you can use your old SIM without it affecting anything on Public Mobile

SP3CTRYS
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Theoreticly, Yes you could.

Just at some point one phone will stop all together. It would be better to wait a little longer, if you can, to confirm the port goes through.

Also, you could login to your FIDO selfserve and just see if the line is still active.

Emissary
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I'd guess that that might work. I've been in the same situtation for three days now and have been using my old SIM instead of the PM one. I don't have two phones to try with, but I suspect it would be fine since.

Need Help? Let's chat.