cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Calls going straight to voicemail

DMailloux
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I've been a customer for about a year now.  For the past 2-3 weeks, my calls are going straight to voicemail without ringing my phone.  I did not port my number and have had my SIM card for about a year.  I have restarted my phone, and checked the internal settings within my iPhone to ensure that that wasn't the issue.  It's still happening.

What can I do to fix this?

Thanks in advance.

14 REPLIES 14

@utkarshsachaan  try changing your Preferred network type to 3G Only and see if the phone connects and if it helps.  With PM using 3G for voice (but LTE for data and text), sometimes it is more stable for receiving calls with the network locked to 3G only.

Also, do you see it any better in terms for receiving calls when you are in another area?

To formally open ticket with PM for investigation, please use Chatbot:

1. If you have access to My account: At https://publicmobile.ca/chatbot.

Start by typing "Submit a ticket", then click "Contact Us", Then click "Other", then click "Click here to submit a ticket ↗" 

2. If you don't have access to My Account or have trouble with Chatbot: Private message CS Agent at: 

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

**Monitor your Community inbox (envelope icon on the top right) after the ticket is opened.  CS Agent will reply to you there

utkarshsachaan

Same issue, been troubling for over 4 weeks. I'm on iphone 13 pro and I know how to use it.. figured everything even take your sim out and restart. Please give me a portal/link to log a formal complaint.

mattvey
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Have you figured this out?

My wife and i and a friend have had this issue randomly.  All have different phones.  It is not related to any location.  It happens anywhere we are visiting or home.  Phones get some calls but lots of voicemails without showing missed calls.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@E_Bishop 

can you try reseat the SIM card and Make sure your phone is off before removing your SIM card,

1. power off your device

2. take out the SIM card,

3. waiting a 1 minute

4. put it back and power on,

5. toggling airplane mode off/on,  

can you try manually selecting network "3G ONLY" or WCDMA only,

for iPhone visit Here link 

or Here link 

for android visit Here link ,

and do Rebooting your phone ,This is quick and simple,to refreshing your network,

*what is mean for Rebooting the phone means to turn off your phone and turn it back on again.

@E_Bishop   Are there any outages in your area perhaps?   You can also try switching your network settings to 3G/WCDMA as Telus is upgrading equipment in some regions which is impacting customers.

Try toggling airplane on/off too

E_Bishop

I am having the same issue as well starting in the last week to 2 weeks. 

Do not disturb is turned off

I have lots of time on my account, all paid up

I have been a customer for 4 years with the same phone, same sim card with no issues.

Also very important - there is no call in my call log but I am getting Voicemails in my inbox.

I have a Samsung S7 edge.

I have got my family to switch about a year ago its it happening to them ALL!

My wife's phone - iPhone 8

Daughter's phone - iPhone 11

My son's new phone - iPhone 12 mini
This can not be an issue with the phones or our settings or our accounts all happening at the same time.

cin7
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle
@DMailloux

Have you logged into your PM account to see your usage? Perhaps you've used up all the minutes on your plan?

The Moderator Team (Public Mobile representative) can look into this further:

Start a conversation with the virtual assistant, SIMon. It’ll take you to relevant help articles, or if it’s something more urgent, it can help you submit a ticket to the Moderator Team. Choose the chat bubble in the lower right hand corner and follow the prompts.

Alternatively, you can send a private message to the Moderators (https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437). You’ll need to login first to your Community account for the link to work.

DMailloux

I'm using an iPhone 6S, yes, old I know ... 😁

DMailloux

Do not disturb is off.  I have verified this already.

Thank you.

RosieR
Mayor / Maire

@DMailloux wrote:

I've been a customer for about a year now.  For the past 2-3 weeks, my calls are going straight to voicemail without ringing my phone.  I did not port my number and have had my SIM card for about a year.  I have restarted my phone, and checked the internal settings within my iPhone to ensure that that wasn't the issue.  It's still happening.

Thanks in advance.

Hi @DMailloux this particular issue of going to voicemail without ringing happens to a fair amount of iPhone users., most notably after a major or minor iOS update.

This article from from Apple tool Box might help..

https://appletoolbox.com/incoming-iphone-calls-go-to-voice-mail-without-ringing/

gpixel
Mayor / Maire

@DMailloux dial ##21# and then ##004# to reset your call forwarding and try again. also go into your phone dialer app settings and check to see if call forwarding is enabled through there

Evanjms
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

have you made sure your phone is not in Do Not Disturb mode? I've accidentally done this on my iphone a few times. what phone are you using? may be a phone issue if you are still recieving the voice mails

@DMailloux wrote:

Thanks in advance.

I'll admit that this is probably a network issue, but a couple things that you'll wish to check:

- try your SIM card in a different phones

- check if this happens at other locations

Triguy
Mayor / Maire

Make sure that you don't have do not disturb on.

If you still need assistance then submit a ticket to a moderator.

Here’s when and how to contact the Moderator Team:

• Get help with your account the easy way by starting a conversation with our virtual assistant, SIMon. It’ll take you to relevant help articles, or if it’s something more urgent, it can help you submit a ticket to the Moderator Team. Click here to get started.
  • Alternatively, you can send a private message to the Moderators by clicking here. You’ll need to be logged in to your Community account for the link to work.
Need Help? Let's chat.