cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Calls go to voice mail

arbutus
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Does anyone else have issues with cellular reception/making calls? When I call my family members who use public mobile or when someone calls me, the vast majority of calls (85-90%) go to voice mail. Today, someone (who is also a public mobile customer) was trying to call me 20+ times, all calls went to voice mail.

I've checked phones setting for any non disturb settings.

11 REPLIES 11

@NattyMay wrote:

Mine don’t go to voicemail but it’s so quiet I can BARELY hear 

While some networks do have different call volumes, this is more likely a device issue. On any device, both the ringer volume and in-call volume can be adjusted. However, some devices are louder than others. I would suggest experimenting by borrowing a friend's phone to see if it's any different.

NattyMay
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Mine don’t go to voicemail but it’s so quiet I can BARELY hear 

apvm
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

My wife has this problem when she was with Koodo and Freedom (both plans have no data) she has to disable LTE to solve this problem.  She is now with PM $15 plan and no problem with LTE enabled.

Try disable LTE and see if that will solve your problem.

arbutus

Reboots and network resets do not help to rectify the problem in my case. I have 6 lines with public mobile now and all them have the same issue with reception and calls going to voicemail. When I got the PM service over a year ago, it was great and there were no concerns. However, over the last several months, the service has has been degrading, and it has become really poor in last week or so.

Seriously considering alternative providers now.

Wholecloud

I had the same issue today.  Did the standard thing of rebooting my phone and I was fine.

galadriel

It is resolved now .. not sure what happened . Started working on its own

pomlady
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

I am new to Public and I just had that, going straight to voice mail.  Dialing out was fine.  Not sure if it is the same thing or not but I did #62# and that fixed the problem right away.

Here is the page for other solutions:

https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/bc/get-help/articles/call-forwarding

Hope it helps.

galadriel

I am in Victoria and I cannot call or receive calls . Data works fine .  The most recent activity i did in PM was use the 1 gig promo offer yesterday . I'll DM a mod 

rebooted phone etc already as well

galadriel

I am in Victoria and I cannot call or receive calls . Data works fine .  The most recent activity i did in PM was use the 1 gig promo offer yesterday . I'll DM a mod 

rebooted phone etc already as well

bonnieac
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I am having the same problem. I would like to get rid of voicemail all together. I didn't think I had any reception problems. Majority of phone calls seem to be automaticly going to voicemail

NDesai
Oracle
Oracle

@arbutus This is not a usual behaviour. If you have a good signal, calls should not automatically go to voicemail. Reach out to the modeator team to check if everything is alright with your account. Start a conversation with Simon (chat bot) by clicking HERE to submit a ticket to the Moderator Team.

Need Help? Let's chat.