cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Calls from an 1-800 number don't ring.

tehowennathe
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

Today I gotten 4 voicemails from a 1-800 number. Calls just go straight to voicemail. Regular calls from people I know work. When I listen to voicemail they are silent. Is this happening to anybody else? I don't know what to do because they keep happening.

11 REPLIES 11

@tehowennathe wrote:

Today I gotten 4 voicemails from a 1-800 number. Calls just go straight to voicemail. Regular calls from people I know work. When I listen to voicemail they are silent. Is this happening to anybody else? I don't know what to do because they keep happening.

Some phones have a setting to automatically reject all calls from numbers that are not saved in your contact list.

PAULRANG18
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

Do not answer any of these spam calls that go to voicemail. They will count against your plan calling minutes.

Lar

@tehowennathe  Voice mail does not show up on your account record, that's normal.  I get calls saying just "goodbye" or the "connection isn't clear I'll phone back" What they want is for you to return the call for which you will be charged $$.  Also if you call back they know they have a "live one" they can work with.  With spoofing, now they can show you any number they want so you can't trust call display anymore. Do as others have mentioned and block them from ringing your phone. Unfortunately that's life now.

Happy Holidays

tehowennathe

It's weird I just got another 1-800 call and let it go to voicemail. It was silent again

tehowennathe

@geopublic wrote:

@tehowennathe wrote:

@tehowennatheProbably spam callers that you already have previously blocked. Check your block list is that number there?

It's possible that it's the number I blocked today. A motorcycle insurance company kept calling me his morning. Their caller ID keept showing StreetRider insurance. Don't own a motorcycle so I looked them up. I'm in Quebec and the company is in Ontario. First time I let it go to voicemail. It's was an automated message saying press what ever number for this department. After second call not much later I blocked them.

Luddite
Oracle
Oracle

@tehowennathe wrote:

Yes, I get calls like that too. Always add thjose numbers to my Block caller list; have atleast 50 numbers on it. Robot LOL

>>> ALERT: I am not a CSA. Je ne suis pas un Agent du soutien à la clientèle.

tehowennathe

I'm using a Blu Vivo XI+ on Android 9.

totalUser
Mayor / Maire

That's interesting

I received coupe calls like that I my textnow number as i was reading, the notification of missed call just popped up. Out of 3 calls 2 left short blank voicemails. I wander if they are flagged as spam.

Do you have  some sort of spam handler enabled

@tehowennathe  What type of phone do you have?

geopublic
Mayor / Maire

@tehowennathe wrote:

@tehowennatheProbably spam callers that you already have previously blocked. Check your block list is that number there?

tehowennathe

The odd part is I just checked my self serve account and nothing shows that I received these calls. Yet I get the voicemails. It's really strange

Need Help? Let's chat.