cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Calls dropping at a rapid rate?

Sales_guy
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Is anyone else experiencing their calls being dropped constantly from 15 seconds to 2 minutes into the call?   This is driving me nuts and looks really bad with clients when a conversation takes 4-6 calls to get through a conversation.  

13 REPLIES 13

clintlalonde
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Just to follow up, it might be an app conflict for me. I experimented removing some apps that I had installed, but were not using, or had recently installed. Since doing that, I have not had a dropped call. So, perhaps it was an app conflict that was causing the issue? 

Apps I uninstalled were WhatsApp, BlueJeans, OZ Live, Kaltura MediaSpace Go, and BlackBoard Collaborate. All apps that use video and audio in some way. 

chrism
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

It happened to me with a brand new iPhone.  Different areas of the city, it happened when people called me and when I called people.  Moderators said the issue was resolved, but it still kept happening.

Moved back to another carrier, and haven't had one dropped call since.

Roger3
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

I never experienced this issue. My recommendation is to change your device and check out any improvement to your call quality. Hope you will have a spare phone.

clintlalonde

@srlawren yeah, have rebooted a few times. We have 4 people in our house on Public and I am the only one who is experiencing the issue, so it could be specific to my gear. My phone is getting long in the tooth. 

mimmo
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@ShawnC13 @None that I know of from any of my fam members.

@clintlalonde wrote:

Happening to me as well. I have an LG G5 and live in Victoria BC. in the past week have been dropping almost every call I receive after 15-30 seconds. Have been with Public for close to a year now and have not experienced this before, except in this past week. 

I am in Victoria as well and have not experienced this same issue.  @mimmo how about you any dropped calls?

I am happy to help, but I am not a Customer Support Agent please do not include any personal info in a message to me. Click HERE to create a trouble ticket through SIMon the Chatbot *

srlawren
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@hairbag1 wrote:

@clintlalonde wrote:

Happening to me as well. I have an LG G5 and live in Victoria BC. in the past week have been dropping almost every call I receive after 15-30 seconds. Have been with Public for close to a year now and have not experienced this before, except in this past week. 

If you're getting chronic dopped calls, you definately should contact the moderators. Click this to message them

They may have an explanation, if not a resolution for you.

Good luck.

@clintlalonde before you do that, let me ask you:  have you rebooted your phone recently?

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

@clintlalonde wrote:

If you're getting chronic dopped calls, you definately should contact the moderators. Click this to message them

They may have an explanation, if not a resolution for you.

Good luck.

clintlalonde

sunflowershine
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@Sales_guy Reception bar is a good indicator for that. But I doubt what moderator can do for your situation. 

GinYVR
Mayor / Maire
@Sales_guy It is one of those pesky issues that could be hard to pin down. I assume you have been consistent with the position where you call/ use your phone? Check your phone to see if it uses the lower frequencies of the Telus network, lower frequencies improve signal penetration in buildings. I would suggest swapping to a different phone to see if the problem persists, if so contact the Moderators and report the issue.

RossN
Mayor / Maire

@Sales_guy I can understand your frustration you may need a moderators help click here https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437 good luck

Need Help? Let's chat.