cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Calls dropped

Lindagmoore
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

My outgoing calls are dropped after one minute. Redialed call works. 

10 REPLIES 10

@Anonymous wrote:

@computergeek541 wrote:

S--S,

As the issue here for outgoing calls and the calls are hanging up/dropping mid-call, setting the phone to 3g-only won't help.  The phone would already be on that type of network.

@computergeek541 

i have that same issue before 5 years ago and how to fix it is they issue with SIM card and i do replacement SIM card and i did contact CSA they say put it to 3G Network and now no issue for 11 years with PM...

Perfoming various troubleshooting steps and the the problem then going away doesn't mean that's what fixed it.  If your isssue was identical, setting yoru phone to 3g-only cannot possibly have been the fix.  The customer was already on 3g to be able to make the outgoing call in the first place.  The entire reason for setting to 3g only when there are issues with phone calls is to address the issue where the phone doesn't properly switch from the LTE to HSPA network for a phone call.  As the call had already been connected, there's no need to force a 3g connection (it was already done).

Anonymous
Not applicable

@computergeek541 wrote:

S--S,

As the issue here for outgoing calls and the calls are hanging up/dropping mid-call, setting the phone to 3g-only won't help.  The phone would already be on that type of network.

@computergeek541 

i have that same issue before 5 years ago and how to fix it is they issue with SIM card and i do replacement SIM card and i did contact CSA they say put it to 3G Network and now no issue for 11 years with PM...

@Anonymous wrote:

@Lindagmoore 

can you try manually selecting network "3G ONLY" or WCDMA only,

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Lindagmoore 

can you try manually selecting network "3G ONLY" or WCDMA only,

for iPhone visit Here link 

or Here link 

for android visit Here link ,

and do Rebooting your phone 

This is quick and simple,

*what is mean for Rebooting the phone means to turn off your phone and turn it back on again.

or can you try reseat the SIM card and Make sure your phone is off before removing your SIM card,

1. power off your device

2. take out the SIM card,

3. waiting a 1 minute

4. put it back and power on,

5. toggling airplane mode off/on,  

and do again Rebooting your phone,

or if you can't fix it you have to Contact Customer Support Agent by CS_Agentand Explain your issue to 
they can solve your issue, they are nice service Team the will help you 100%.

Here’s How To Contact Customer Support Agent by CS_Agent, and Submit a Ticket

Spoiler
  • Get help with your account the easy way by starting a conversation with our virtual assistant, SIMon. It’ll take you to relevant help articles, or if it’s something more urgent, it can help you submit a ticket to Customer Support Agent by CS_Agent,Click Here link,to get started.

• or you can send a private message to Customer Support Agent by CS_Agent, by Click Here link,
  • You’ll need to be logged in to your Community account for the link to work.

• please include in your message,
  • your account number, 
  • your phone number,
  • your account 4 digit pin,
  • your Email address,

• Customer Support Agent by CS_Agent, will Response to your inbox by private message 
  • During business hours, we strive to answer customer messages swiftly. You will often get an answer within an hour. During peak periods, you may need to wait up to 48 hours.Customer Support Agents are available:
    • Monday to Sunday: 6 AM to 10 PM EST

Check your private message inbox (click on the envelope top right of your screen)

Good Luck..

@cellphoneuser1 wrote:

@esjliv Outgoing call issue isn't a porting issue. That's only incoming.

@cellphoneuser1 , didn't say it was the issue, just trying to inquire about the details.

🙂

@esjliv Outgoing call issue isn't a porting issue. That's only incoming.

esjliv
Mayor / Maire

@Lindagmoore wrote:

@Lindagmoore 

Are you a new customer that just ported over a number or did you activate with a new number?

Or, are you an existing customer that had services working fine until 'all of a sudden'?

There are some good trouble shooting tips in this article, try reviewing these:

https://www.weboost.com/blog/causes-of-dropped-calls-and-how-to-fix-them

Check for outages in your area: https://www.telus.com/en/on/outages

or https://downdetector.ca/status/telus/map/ 

Here is a link for a coverage map.

https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/bc/coverage

Canadian Cell Towers

http://www.ertyu.org/steven_nikkel/cancellsites.html

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@Lindagmoore   If it keeps happening, can you tell whether it likely happen on a particular location (like your home or office, etc).  Also, try to put your SIM in another device and see if you experience the same thing.  Just want to confirm if it is a network issue or if it is the device.

@Lindagmoore 

Try rebooting your phone and/or toggling airplane mode on/off. You could just have a poor network connection.

@Lindagmoore wrote:

Do the calls keep dropping?  if it was just the one time or if it's no longer happening, this is likely a temporary network issue.

Need Help? Let's chat.