cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Calls cutting off after a hr

Patrick_R
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

Does anyone else has their PM phone cut off just before a hour talking?

14 REPLIES 14

Patrick_R

Very true

jor123
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

@darlicious wrote:

@Patrick_R wrote:

Thanks

You advised 10 vm is the uppermost most would provide I had no limit with my previous provider

@Patrick_R  Wow an unlimited amount of voicemail? I have never heard of that. That's a lot of storage. That would be handy for someone experiencing a lot spam calls...

The storage for short 30 second to a few minute audo files would be negligible in the grand scheme of things. 

srlawren
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@Patrick_R wrote:

yeah we should get a discount when this happens

@Patrick_R good luck.  Check the "Service Terms" link in the footer of every page here.  You'll see that you are not entitled to any compensation for stuff like this.  [EDIT: ...whether or not you think you should be!]

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

@Patrick_R wrote:

Thanks

You advised 10 vm is the uppermost most would provide I had no limit with my previous provider

@Patrick_R  Wow an unlimited amount of voicemail? I have never heard of that. That's a lot of storage. That would be handy for someone experiencing a lot spam calls...

Patrick_R

Thanks

@Patrick_R  I'm certainly not saying that if you have a problem with calls being dropped consistently as in every time you have a lengthy call it is dropped or most times. That is certainly a service issue and one you should keep track of and perhaps ask for some kind of credit for as compensation. You have posted about your issue and have gotten some feedback. More importantly a moderator has reached out to you to look into it and come up with a way to resolve it. Already you have received customer service support without even officially asking for it. (By creating a service request via Simon (?) Or by by private message to the moderators.) There is not a single mobile provider who will offer you a credit of some sort simply because you've had a few dropped calls. This is the nature of cellular services every customer will experience a dropped call eventually or has in the past. In regards to the credit you may receive additional voicemail is unlikely as 10 voicemail is the uppermost any provider offers and more than many currently offer ( some as few as 3 and some none without paying an additional fee.) Additional data will usually only be offered when you have a data issue. Being realistic in what you can expect in regards to credit for loss of service is important for you to be satisfied with your service. I encourage you to reach out to the moderators so they can assess why you are having dropped calls when lengthy in nature so they can resolve the issue in a timely manner and you can continue to enjoy your already discounted plan and the money you are saving with public mobile.

Patrick_R

Some savings with other providers are similar but if not a discount PM could offer more voice mail or give more data when things like this happen.

Dropped calls sould not be a norm alltbe time.

@Patrick_R  Some users have this happen to them. So common enough on the community but we hear more about problems than perfect service. Discount? I think we already get this with the savings on plans offered by public mobile compared to other providers. It is no frills here so you are bound to experience a glitch here or there. As long as the community or the moderators can fix it in a reasonable amount of time then no "discount" needed. But if you have a larger service issue that prevents you from accessing one or all of your services then asking for a credit after getting your issue resolved from the moderators is quite reasonable and more often than not is granted.

Patrick_R

yeah we should get a discount when this happens

@Patrick_R  This a common problem that I have experienced myself. I haven't made a long call in awhile to see if it is still occurring but will test it out soon with a call to my mom. Please come back and tell us if the moderators are able to fix t. I will reach out myself if that is the case and my mom and I get cut off mid conversation.

Patrick_R

Will do

Is this commom?

Patrick_R

Have you had it happen?

Daniel_I
Customer Support Agent

Hello @Patrick_R,

Please contact the moderator's team in a private message and provide more information regarding your issue.

Someone will take care of the investigation!

Thank you,

Daniel- Moderator's Team.

GinYVR
Mayor / Maire

@Patrick_RIt seems to happen quite often.. I would suggest you contact the moderators to see if there is a fix.

Need Help? Let's chat.