Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

zlazarev
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

30 REPLIES 30

Jill1983
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I am also in Kitchener-Waterloo and have been having issues receiving calls. I kept getting voicemail notifications without even getting a missed call notification. I have played around with every phone setting and nothing seemed to be the culprit. Everything worked fine until about a week ago. I've submitted a ticket but I am kinda glad to hear it's likely a tower issue - hopefully it's fixed quickly.

I was thinking of asking those affected where they were encountering this issue to see if there was a correlation - good to know thanks. I wonder if there are others outside of the K-W region experiencing this anywhere else.

fireworks

@xephris 

I'm in K-W region also. So, have to wait for them to fix the issue

xephris

Like other posters, forcing my phone to 3G fixed the problem.

I also want to second making a ticket... A very helpful rep worked with me and discovered that there's a tower issue in the Kitchener-Waterloo area that they're working on resolving. Everything was ok on LTE when I was a few km away from home, but at home I had to force 3G to receive incoming calls.

419mainstreet
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

Assuming that your phone is compatible :https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/bc/get-started

and that your account is not suspended: https://selfserve.publicmobile.ca/,

You will need to submit a ticket to the moderator team for further troubleshooting:  https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/on/get-help/form/U2FsdGVkX1_CL1GFwMRdpqY84BoP0uy2YvP7dy6o_UNRQL6io43P...

EDIT:  See above re: switching off 4G,  I was going through the t/s steps in SIMon and didn't see this step for "straight to voicemail"

@zlazarev 

Did you try to force your phone to 3G network?  Some previous customers had similar problems.  Issues with the LTE.

fireworks

from other thread, turn off 4G, and incoming calls back to normal. 

zlazarev

419mainstreet

Hey fireworks, maybe I can help.  Have you done a number transfer recently?  If no:

If your incoming calls are going directly to voicemail here are some troubleshooting ideas:

• Make sure your account is still active and hasn't expired.

• Make sure your phone is turned on with the SIM card inserted.

Power off your phone, remove your SIM card ,and wait one minute. Then put your SIM card back in and restart.

fireworks

I got same issue start from yesterday. I'll try to contact customer service to figure it out.

@zlazarev contact customer support mods. there was a network outage recently. maybe your account didn't provision correctly when everything was up and running again

please click on the green chat bubble to the bottom right of your screen to speak with SIMon

type "no service"
(use the chat bubble options, then click "click here to submit a ticket!)
*login using your community account

make sure to check your inbox(top right corner envelope icon) periodically, for a response

@zlazarev wrote:

This is unrelated to caller ID.  I never said it's only callers that never called before.  Its everyone randomly, including a combination of existing or new callers.

What type of phone do you have? Since public mobile needs to switch from LTE to 3G for calls, sometimes the network switch takes too long or fails causing the call to go to voicemail. You can try disabling LTE/forcing 3G-only in your mobile network settings to see if that helps.

Take note if your signal strength ("bars") are lower on 3G vs LTE as well.

zlazarev

@zlazarev - From the symptoms you're describing - where only callers who have never called before are sent to voicemail without ringing your phone, sounds like the iphone's DND feature - it has an exception option to allow calls from the same person within a 3 minute window, and only allow calls from favourites. What type of phone do you have?

https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT204321

If caller ID has anything to do with it, you can use someone elses phone to test calling you with caller ID blocked - do this by prefixing your number with #31#. See if ANY of those calls get through with a few tries. Then try some more with the caller ID allowed. If the blocked calls always fail, and the calls with caller ID work, then there's some setting (or app) on your phone that is filtering the calls.

Lastly, since public mobile needs to switch from LTE to 3G for calls, sometimes the network switch takes too long or fails causing the call to go to voicemail. You can try disabling LTE/forcing 3G-only in your mobile network settings to see if that helps.

@zlazarev 

Your statement indicating that it only affects new callers that have never called you before indicates that it is a setting within your phone. Maybe @Nezgar will know of a pecular setting that results in your issue. 

However if you still think its something else then try toggling airplane mode on/off to make a new connection to the network. You can also try reprovisioning the sim card by using the lost/stolen feature and suspending your service. Then resume and reboot. Be forewarned this method will prevent your rewards from being applied upon renewal you will have to contact the moderators to have them applied manually.

419mainstreet

I would try resetting the network settings and seeing if that works.

Tap on the following:

• "Settings"
  • "General"
  • "Reset"
  • "Reset Network Settings"
  • Enter password if required

zlazarev

419mainstreet

If your calls go straight to voicemail, you may need to update the carrier settings on your iPhone. Carrier settings are what allows your iPhone to connect to your carrier’s wireless network.

If your iPhone’s carrier settings are out of date, it may have trouble connecting to your carrier’s network, which could cause incoming phone calls to go straight to your voicemail.

To check for a Carrier Settings Update, open the Settings app and tap General -> About. If a carrier settings update is available, an alert will appear on your iPhone’s display that says “Carrier Settings Update“. If this alert appears on your iPhone, tap Update.

Ok that is what I thought. But a check to do. 

Did you check your Do Not Disturb settings? You “may” have it set to reject any call that is NOT in your contacts list. 

Actually as previously mentioned...if you have another phone to put your SIM in and it works ok then you have an issue with settings or software. Just a step to isolate the issue.

Also check here.  

zlazarev

zlazarev

Review your numbers that are call blocked....unlikely the issue.....but. 

mh1983
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

Try to reset your network settings if you haven't already: https://www.businessinsider.com/what-are-network-settings-on-iphone

benfatto
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@zlazarev  Yes, I have experienced that but never for people in my contact file. 
In your phone settings check that Silence Unknown Callers is off. I like it ON but that may not suit you. 

softech
Oracle
Oracle
I had that issue before... I tried just reboot the phone and not work.

I ended up need to turn off the phone.. take the SIM out for a minute and re-sit the SIM properly and then restart the phone. Then it works after.

Hope this helps

HALIMACS
Mayor / Maire

OK @zlazarev  try this to exclude the phone being the issue.

If you can temporarily borrow another compatible phone, insert YOUR SIM card into it and see if you can receive calls normally from that other phone.

If so, at least you'll know it's an issue pertaining to the settings/system of your phone and not a service issue with PM.

zlazarev

zlazarev

HALIMACS
Mayor / Maire

@zlazarev 

Could a Bluetooth device be connected and it's possible you may not be hearing the rings? (assuming the Bluetooth device is a headset/ear phones not being worn???)

Turn bluetooth off and try that.

Jb456
Mayor / Maire

@zlazarev  could you plug wire into phone, connect to computer and open iTunes? 

See if it pushes any updates? 

Sounds like you did some troubleshooting but maybe check through itunes. A carrier update could be a cause.

Why I am suggesting to check. Is because in the last few days someone on the forums was trying to sort an iPhone issue out. During that conversation they said "I just got notification of a carrier update on my phone" and asked questions about it. This was a few days ago so maybe your phone may have some software updates to.

Just a suggestion...

Need Help? Let's chat.