cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Calling out on new activation

amous17
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hi, wondering if anyone knows why I can send and receive text on my new activation of the $25 phone plan but can't call out or receive calls? I did not transfer a number...I chose a new number with a new sim card from public mobile. 

7 REPLIES 7

@amous17 thanks for letting us know your problem has been resolved.

Welcome to Public Mobile and the Community!  1

@amous17 

I'm happy you've sorted it out already. Come here anytime you have a question were happy to help. Welcome to public mobile!

amous17

Thanks for your response. The apple ID wanted me to verify password to update settings and once I did that the phone was able to make calls..Yay!!

[Odd, but solved ........ Luddite]

amous17

Thank you for your response. Apple ID wanted me to verify password to update settings and once I did that it is working now!!! Yay

popping
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@amous17 wrote:

Hi, wondering if anyone knows why I can send and receive text on my new activation of the $25 phone plan but can't call out or receive calls? I did not transfer a number...I chose a new number with a new sim card from public mobile. 

Which phone are you using with PM?

PM does not support 2G(GSM) signal.

Voice call uses 3G signal.

Text message piggybacked on the voice channel.

If you phone does not support 3G signal, you will not be able to send/receive calls and text messages.

@amous17 

Check your settings. Are you set only to 4GLTE? Allow your phone to autoset to both 4GLTE and 3G. Calls require the 3G network on public mobile.

JoyLuck
Mayor / Maire

@amous17 

Try these:

1 Restart phone.

2 Enable/disable airplane mode.

3 Shut down phone. Remove the sim card wait 5 minutes, reinsert the sim card power up.

Need Help? Let's chat.