cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Calling a Satellite Phone

Taliesen
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

My current plan is Canada Wide, what if any is the cost to call a satellite phone within Canada? (ie does this plan allow for calling a satellite number within Canada at no cost)

5 REPLIES 5

Taliesen
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Thanks for the replies. I will have to do some more digging with the Sat Phone provider

Anonymous
Not applicable

@hairbag1 wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@hairbag1 

That sounds very sure. Wouldn't a call to a Canadian area code with it's prefix go through? Of course if it's not on the blocked list of area codes/prefixes.

Or even with an add-on depending on where the area code/prefix is from?

I used to have access to a sat phone and when I've tried calling it won't go through. Not sure about texting...never tried that.

Yeah nvm. It goes out as an international number and has it's own kind of country code. Maybe a satellite subscriber could have a normal number that has international forwarding forwarded up to their satellite number.

@Anonymous wrote:

@hairbag1 

That sounds very sure. Wouldn't a call to a Canadian area code with it's prefix go through? Of course if it's not on the blocked list of area codes/prefixes.

I used to have access to a sat phone and when I've tried calling it won't go through. Not sure about texting...never tried that.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@hairbag1 

hairbag1
Mayor / Maire

@Taliesen wrote:

My current plan is Canada Wide, what if any is the cost to call a satellite phone within Canada? (ie does this plan allow for calling a satellite number within Canada at no cost)

You can't dial a sat phone number using your PM phone account. The call won't complete successfully.

Need Help? Let's chat.