cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Mayor / Maire

Re: Calling Spain from US?

I'd suggest making the call over wifi. At a free wifi hotspot, maybe a McDs or Starbucks or public library or whatever. Don't use roaming data add-ons if there's a free/cheap alternative.

Well maybe not a library, Spaniards can be passionately loud.

And I guess maybe not a McDs because happymeal children can also be passionately loud.

I suppose not even a Starbucks, their coffee sucks. But I digress.

Highlighted
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@gpixel4 

There are a number of other countries that are free to call with TextNow. Maybe not all types of lines like not mobiles, but you can check it out within the app:

Screenshot_20200925-070815~2.png

Highlighted
Mayor / Maire

@Nezgar that's awesome! thanks, they only advertise free Canada and us. this is very good to know

Highlighted
Mayor / Maire

@Nezgar wrote:

@gpixel4 

There are a number of other countries that are free to call with TextNow. Maybe not all types of lines like not mobiles, but you can check it out within the app:

Screenshot_20200925-070815~2.png

Yes I have noticed, too, on my VoIP Account that some destinations in Europe are listed by carrier name landline/mobile, so no guarantee to be able to call ANY number at ANY European destination. I would then suggest you try here before you travel. 

But just another point that perhaps someone else can advise. If you use the TextNow app in the USA would the destination or wifi service block the call or block the App. I do know some free wifi does block the use of some Apps. 

Highlighted
Mayor / Maire

@LurganIeUk I would just purchase the $10 sim card and have free roaming. I'll have to admit, it's a pretty sweet deal! I already have a sim on the way. I wanna try the $40/unlimited plan they have

Need Help? Let's chat.