cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Calling Canada from the US

nanaman
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hello, I'm relatively new to PM. I would like to know if I purchased the US Roaming - Talk Text 250 Data (10-day) Add-on and then when I go the US then makse a call back to Canada will there be a charge? Does this Add-on only cover calls within the US? Do I have to purchase an "International" call Add-on?

Thanks

8 REPLIES 8

@nanaman wrote:

Yes, I have the $15/mth base plan

It doesn't matter which plan you have. As @Anonymous wrote, when you are calling Canada from the US, you are using the US Roaming Calling Add-on.

nanaman

Yes, I have the $15/mth base plan

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Kelvin87 wrote:

Hi,

Which base plan do you have?

From my experience from other providers it would work like this if Public mobile is following the same model.

If you have the $15 100 minutes Canada Wide Calling and you add the $20 unlmited calling and text with 250mb of data. You still only have 100 minutes of calling but unlimited incoming calls.

If you have the $25 unlimited calling plan then yes you dont have to worry about outgoing and incoming calls.

This is not correct. Getting roaming add-ons gives you unlimited features (not tied to the base plan) only in the US...not in Canada. Roaming won't work here.

Kelvin87

Hi,

Which base plan do you have?

From my experience from other providers it would work like this if Public mobile is following the same model.

If you have the $15 100 minutes Canada Wide Calling and you add the $20 unlmited calling and text with 250mb of data. You still only have 100 minutes of calling but unlimited incoming calls.

If you have the $25 unlimited calling plan then yes you dont have to worry about outgoing and incoming calls.

PAULRANG18
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

The plan you have bought is fine. You can make calls to Canada and while in US.

LovesToPM
Mayor / Maire

@nanaman wrote:

Hello, I'm relatively new to PM. I would like to know if I purchased the US Roaming - Talk Text 250 Data (10-day) Add-on and then when I go the US then makse a call back to Canada will there be a charge?

You just need a U.S. Roaming Add-On with Talk included. Public Mobile is prepaid. If you don't prepay for the service, you will not be able to use it. There are no surprise/extra charges.

@nanaman wrote:

Does this Add-on only cover calls within the US? Do I have to purchase an "International" call Add-on?

With U.S. Roaming Calling Add-On, you can make calls to both Canada and U.S. while you are in U.S.

Fyi the International call add-on works while you are in Canada only.

@nanaman wrote:

Do I have to purchase an "International" call Add-on?

Thanks

There's no need.

Triguy
Mayor / Maire

There is no US roaming feature for international calls except Canada.  You could buy a LD calling card or use wi-fi apps like Skype, WhatsApp, or TextNow.

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

@nanaman, the US roaming add-on will allow you to call back to Canada without additional charge.  Of course, you can call the US as well.  Texting will work as if you are in Canada.  The last row in this table applies.

https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/bc/get-help/articles/long-distance-and-us-roaming-add-ons

Need Help? Let's chat.