cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Caller ID / Name Display

jai2
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hello,

I just transferred my service to Public mobile. Just curious as to what type of Caller ID feature it has. 

1. Does Public Mobile display your name when making outgoing call? If not, can it be enabled?

2. Does the caller ID show name of a caller if callers provider supports name (such as Rogers)?

I know with time I will find out, but just curious. 

8 REPLIES 8

Obsession0525
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I'm new to PM and I found this extremely helpful. Thanks for the solution! @computergeek541 

Pawprints1986
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

Ohh ok. I had read it as the outgoing call sends info for both name and number, but the call receivers network chooses to support or not support caller ID with name too... If public doesn't send it out that's even better !

@Pawprints1986 wrote:

This just made me think of something... For those carriers that do support showing our names with caller ID,  and for those of us who've changed our names in our account to prevent port fraud... Do our names show up as the symboly gibberish we've changed our names to in our account? ?

No carriers support it for calls coming from Public Mobile customers. Public Mobile doesn't send this information.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Pawprints1986 wrote:

This just made me think of something... For those carriers that do support showing our names with caller ID,  and for those of us who've changed our names in our account to prevent port fraud... Do our names show up as the symboly gibberish we've changed our names to in our account? ?

No. It's about what is transmitted out. The receiver can only receive whatever was sent.

Pawprints1986
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@hairbag1 wrote:

@jai2 wrote:

Hello,

I just transferred my service to Public mobile. Just curious as to what type of Caller ID feature it has. 

1. Does Public Mobile display your name when making outgoing call? If not, can it be enabled?

2. Does the caller ID show name of a caller if callers provider supports name (such as Rogers)?

If the person you call has your name in Contacts, then your name shows up...otherwise just your number.

If the call is coming from a carrier that transmit this information, a name will be shown even if the phone number isn't saved in the contact list.  This includes calls coming from traditional landlines and from mobile customers of Rogers/postpaid Fido.

hairbag1
Mayor / Maire

@jai2 wrote:

Hello,

If the person you call has your name in Contacts, then your name shows up...otherwise just your number.

@jai2 wrote:

1. No, they don't, and no, it cannot be enabled.

2. Yes, but for cellular, I only know of Fido (postapaid) and Rogers that do this.

Need Help? Let's chat.