cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Call forwarding without the phone

bergeronni
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I just left for vacations and I forgot my phone at home. I need to do a call forwarding on my girlfriend's phone and I don't know how to do it without the phone. Can someone help me?

6 REPLIES 6

Anonymous
Not applicable

I know this is solved, but for other readers in a similar situation, get that friend to buy a SIM, you contact the mods to change it, the friend inserts it in whatever phone and does the forwarding then removes the SIM. You get home and get the SIM from the friend and throw out the old SIM and insert the new.

bergeronni

Thanks everyone. I finally found someone available to access the phone and turn the call forwarding option on 🙂

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@bergeronni   Sorry, you cannot do call forwarding from remote.  

The only option you have now is the check voicemail regularly or setup a voicemail greeting to ask people to call you at another number.  

@bergeronni wrote:

That was our first thought but unfortunately, no one has acces to our house and the phone for now.

Hello @bergeronni ,

If there is no access to your phone to turn on Call Forwarding, you could call it and change your Voicemail message to notify callers you are not able to receive their calls or state a certain message...or even create a FONGO or TEXTNOW account and include that phone number for them to call you at (or add your girlfriend's number?), so you can be reached.

When you call your phone number, as soon as your voicemail kicks in, hit " * ", then it will ask you for your Voicemail PIN, enter that, than you will be able to change your voice message, if you wish.

Voice mail features (including changing your voice message):

https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/on/get-help/articles?category=phones&subcategory=voicemail-features

bergeronni

That was our first thought but unfortunately, no one has acces to our house and the phone for now.

esjliv
Mayor / Maire

Hello @bergeronni 

I do not believe there is a way to Call Forward remotely.

Is there someone that you can give access to your phone to turn on this feature from the phone directly?

See this help article. About mid-way down has details about Call Forwarding:

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Knowledge-Base/How-To-Use-Your-Phone-and-Plan-Feature...

Need Help? Let's chat.