cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Call display

cncach
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

My calling display shows the phone number only without the name.

16 REPLIES 16

@cncach Chatr is a Rogers company whixh offers Name display. I dont kniw if they have extended this down to Chatr. But if it worked for you then I suspect that they did. Stay safe. 

It's also possible that your contact isn't sending you the information to display the name. 

@cncach delete your phone dialer app cache and delete the contact that's not registering it's info on your device. then store their info on your device again

cncach

@gblackma but it works when I was Chatr Custom 

@cncach  maybe your caller id on the phone is disabled. What's the make and model of your phone?  Thanks. 

cncach

@gblackma All I can't see the caller's number.

@cncach if its only this contact then it may have to do with the number as @cavemantoronto  suggests. Or have you asked the contact if the name is hidden from their end? Stay safe. 

cncach

@gblackma  What I'm saying that the caller's name is on my contact list

@cncach If it's in your lisr, this is a.software issue. The phone doesn't see a match. Check for any error in the saved phone number.

cncach

What I'm saying that the caller's name is on my contact list.

@gblackma wrote:

@computergeek541 the incoming calls the name is being pushed by the carriers that have that capability not Public Mobile. 

I'm fully aware that it's the carrier placing the outgoing call the pushes the name. What I'm telling everyone is that is that when that carrier pushes that name, it will absolutely be displayed by the Public Mobile phone (unless overriden by info saved on the phone itself). Up until my response, everyone had said that a Public Mobile phone doesn't show that information (which is incorrect), but they actually do for incoming calls as long as the information is sent by the other carrier..

The OP said "my call display", meaning that of the Public Mobile customer/OP receiving the call.

@computergeek541 the incoming calls the name is being pushed by the carriers that have that capability not Public Mobile. 

@gblackma wrote:

@cncach that's how it is with Public Mobile.  You only see the name if the caller is on your contact list. Stay safe 

@gblackma @Triguy @Dunkman @esjliv 

This isn't entirely correct.

Public Mobile does have the equivalent of name display, but only for incoming calls. If the outgoing carrier (such as Rogers Wirless or Bell Canada landline) is providing outgoing name information, Public Mobile customers will see a name on the phone's screen even if the phone number is not already saved on the phone.

@cncach When no name shows up, this does mean that either the phone number isn't already saved on your phone with a name associated with it, or that the carrier that the other person calling you from is not transmitting this information.

Triguy
Mayor / Maire

@cncach 

PM only displays phone number.  Not name.  Other mobile companies have name display. 

esjliv
Mayor / Maire

HI @cncach ,

Your number should show; but yes, as @gblackma  posted, this is the way Public Mobile works - If you want the person to see your name have them add you to their contacts.

gblackma
Mayor / Maire

@cncach that's how it is with Public Mobile.  You only see the name if the caller is on your contact list. Stay safe 

Need Help? Let's chat.