cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Call Forwarding while out of Canada

noman
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hello, I had to travel out of Canada but couldn't activate the call Forwarding. How can that be done now? Any help will be highly appreciated. 

10 REPLIES 10

srlawren
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@noman what did you end up doing?

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

srlawren

@noman wrote:

In the worst case, can I port my number to fongo while being out of country?

@noman you.... yeah you probably could.  You'd lose your PM account with no refund of anything unused, and when you get back you'd have to pick up a new PM SIM and activate on a current in-market plan (or with another provider is an option too of course).  

I'm not sure how long a port takes to a VoIP provider, but it can take several days (even a week) to port from a VoIP provider to mobile.  I'm guessing the timeframe would be similar in the other direction, but have no personal experience with it.

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

noman

Thanks @srlawren & @Anonymous ...

Will first try @srlawren's method and in the meantime will find someone who can do the sim change for me @Anonymous 🙂

In the worst case, can I port my number to fongo while being out of country?

Anonymous
Not applicable

@noman  Another idea, but you would need to change your SIM. Also, I don't know if there are any holes in this...

Have a friend get a new PM SIM for you.  Update your account with the new SIM.  Have your friend put the SIM into a phone, then enable full/always call forwarding to your FONGO number.  After that, all calls should get routed to Fongo number.  I don't think the SIM needs to remain in an active phone, as long as your plan is renewed.

srlawren

@noman wrote:

@CS_Agent .. can you help, please...

@noman I don't think it's even within their ability to do anything, but if you did want to ask them to try, you'd have to send them a private message through the community:  How to Get Help - Community

srlawren

@noman wrote:

Hello @Anonymous .. That's going to be difficult  then... wanted to forward it to a Fongo number  I have setup a monthly auto payment plan which will be a waste then...

Is there any alternate way to keep the number and receive calls abroad?

@noman not that I'm aware of, unfortunately. 

Here's what I'd suggest:  set up Fongo with a new number (if you haven't already).  Then call your own PM number via Fongo, which should take you right to your outgoing voicemail message.  Then follow the steps in this workaround for setting up an extended absence greeting, except in the new greeting you record, tell people you are unreachable on this number (until X date, if you know your return date), and ask them to instead call you at <your Fongo number>.  You could then either leave the ability for callers on your PM number to leave you messages (which you'd have to remember to call in periodicially to check), OR, turn that off so they have to call you on the Fongo line to reach you.  

noman

@CS_Agent .. can you help, please...

noman

Hello @Anonymous .. That's going to be difficult  then... wanted to forward it to a Fongo number  I have setup a monthly auto payment plan which will be a waste then...

Is there any alternate way to keep the number and receive calls abroad?

Anonymous
Not applicable

@noman  - Just to add, once you are no longer connected to the network, you cannot activate call forwarding.  It must be done while you are still coneected to PM (or roaming in the US with a plan).

Anonymous
Not applicable

@noman wrote:

Hello, I had to travel out of Canada but couldn't activate the call Forwarding. How can that be done now? Any help will be highly appreciated. 

Public Mobile does not call forward to out of country. You would need to use other VOIP services in conjunction with your service here.

Need Help? Let's chat.