cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Call Forward Charges

lightmeup
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hi, 

i have searched the forum, do not see an answer. 

I have a public mobile toronto number, and I need to forward to another toronto cell phone number, how much does public charge for the call forward? I came from koodo, and koodo charges 3$/m for this services.

My current public mobile plan is 20$ Unlimited Province-wide Talk.

Thanks a lot

10 REPLIES 10

Michael77
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

When I first looked at PM's plans,  I  thought only voicemail and call display are included. I had to read the Community forum to find out what other features PM offered. I've asked before why PM does not list them? I still have not heard the answer. It would help to get new customers if they list the free features like call waiting, conference calling and call forwarding.

Quest
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@imm1304 and @lightmeup

It was shown on the Self Serve Account as an another free feature included in the Plan. Now it is missing for some reason on newly activated plans. In spite of that It may be still available. I think that PM did it for a reason. Occasionally when they give offers to switch to Koodo they don't want people to claim this feature as included in Their Plan since it is considered as a paid add-on on Koodo.

Not a long time ago there was a battle going on between PM Legacy Users and Koodo to include it as a free feature like on PM not as a paid add-on.

srlawren
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

Thanks @sbreakin, it seems a number of oracles, past and present, were active on that thread.  In addition to @imm1304 and myself, there was @Luddite as well as former oracle @7789849803, as well as our dearly departed and thoroughly missed Legend, @Martin.  Robot Sad

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

Years ago I switched briefly to a Samsung phone on the Bell service.  The rep told me I had call forwarding included in my package from Bell (ie a Service), however since my phone had the ability to do it itself, it was cheeper for me to just use the option inside the phone.

How right this statement was, I'll never know, as I've yet to require to forward my phone number.

sbreakin
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

I have used the call forward too.  In my case when travelling to USA & call forwarding to Fongo (for which I have a local number).

Never had any charges.

I am pretty sure call forwarding is included & concur that likely a fair use policy...

I also had a look for reference as I was sure i saw something last year when i joined but can't find it right now.  Logically if we have unlimited in province calls (in & out) then seems reasonable to be able to call forward as it's kind of a call... or maybe that's too simple.

I'lll add a reference if i find one

I couldnt find any mention in the fine print (terms & conditions) on the plan page.. & closest thing in community was this somewhat older message by mod (employee).

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Plans-Add-Ons/How-to-Call-Forward/m-p/1264#M203

Update: i see our wonderful oracles replied while i was seaching.. @srlawren @imm1304

lightmeup

Yeah, thanks for the details

srlawren

@lightmeup one quick clarification:  if you've got canada-wide talk or canada+us wide talk in your plan, you can forward your phone to any Canadian phone number without issue; if you've got a province-wide talk plan, you can forward your phone to any number in the province in which you are physically standing* without issue, but to forward to any other province would require and consume long distance add-on minutes (which need to be pre-purchased, in $8/200min or $15/400min quantities).  

* if you happen to be near a provincial border you may unexpectedly end up connected to a tower in the other province

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

Andy1000
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

This a pre-paid service anything you can do with your phone is included. Anything that the system doesn allow you to do is not included in your plane. So it doesn't hurt to try you will not get charged extra for anything.

lightmeup

Thanks for the quick reply.

imm1304

Hi @lightmeup!

I have occasionally used the call forwarding service when traveling out of country.  No charges.

I would not be surprised if there is some sort of fair usage policy in place.. but that would probably be somewhere in 1000 or 2000 minutes range.  

Need Help? Let's chat.