cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Call Display Name not Number

Charlee
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hi, I'm new to PM and I'm sure this question has been asked and answered although I could not find a quick response.

When I call someone, only my cell tel. no. displays on their phone.  Can I change it so my name displays instead?  If so, how?  Do I have to do something in my settings for my name to appear?  If you could please be detailed with the steps, that would be helpful. Thanks kindly!

4 REPLIES 4

@Charlee  Sometimes anonymity is better than displaying personal details to anyone or everyone. For those who you call frequently having them add your name to their contact list so they know it's you calling is at their convenience.

pmmobile
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@Charlee  Public is on the Telus network and Telus is not able, or has not (does not), seem to care about showing also the name. I believe Rogers and Fido have had name display for 10+ years.. it's kinda disappointing!

dabr
Mayor / Maire

@Charlee wrote:

Hi, I'm new to PM and I'm sure this question has been asked and answered although I could not find a quick response.

When I call someone, only my cell tel. no. displays on their phone.  Can I change it so my name displays instead?  If so, how?  Do I have to do something in my settings for my name to appear?  If you could please be detailed with the steps, that would be helpful. Thanks kindly!

Unfortunately PM doesn't support name display for outgoing calls, but your number will be visible to any caller on the other end.  For now only callers who have your name saved in their phone contact list will be able to see your name.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Charlee wrote:

If your recipient has your number as a contact then their phone will do that for them. Otherwise, no, it's just #.

Need Help? Let's chat.