cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CANNOT CONNECT TO MOBILE NETWORK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Curtis
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I registered a brand new phone, brand new SIM card and account on Friday, Nov 18.  Ported my number over from Telus.  Everything worked fine all weekend.  Then today, Monday Nov 21, my phone continually disconnects from the Public Mobile network.  And now, I can't make any calls or texts.  I've rebooted the phone. Hard rebooted.  Taken the SIM card out, put it back in.   Nothing is working. 

I went to contact support via email, but when I try that, the self serve website asks for my email.  When I enter my email and hit "send", I get the error:  "email does not match".  WTF?!!!!!!!

Public Mobile...who can help/answer/solve my problems?!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

15 REPLIES 15

srlawren
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@mahesh wrote:

Thank you Lawren, i just resetted my cell phone and now the data is working. I really appreciate it.

@mahesh glad I could help!  Robot LOL

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

mahesh
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Thank you Lawren, i just resetted my cell phone and now the data is working. I really appreciate it.

srlawren
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@mahesh wrote:

I have a LG G4, i rencently moved to public mobile, i do not see the mobile network icon even after connecting to the mobile network. Used to work fine with koodo. No APN settings so created one as per your website, still not getting the mobile network icon.

@mahesh are you able to make/receive calls and texts?  there is a known issue with many LG models (including the G4) where after changing providers, data initially won't work.  The resolution is:

1) first, try a network reset. This alone may work, and you won't lose any data (though you will have to re-connect to any WiFi networks and Bluetooth devices you've paired already)

2) if that doesn't work, then back up anything you want to keep that's not already backed up or synced to a cloud service, and do a full factory reset of your phone, then restore the items you backed up after.

Hopefully step 1 works for you.  It's hit and miss.

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

mahesh
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I have a LG G4, i rencently moved to public mobile, i do not see the mobile network icon even after connecting to the mobile network. Used to work fine with koodo. No APN settings so created one as per your website, still not getting the mobile network icon.

Saray_O
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

Hi @Curtis

I'm sorry to hear you were unable to connect to our network!

I'm not sure if another agent was able to take care of your issue, but if you still need assistance please send me a private message with your Public Mobile phone number. 

Thank you!

*Please do not post private info such as: phone number, account number, pin etc.. This is a public forum.

gene

do you see clearnet or Telus?

Have you tried other areas?

Curtis
I tried the APN setting as well. Sometimes the PM network is visible and I set it to that. Phone gets service for about a minute then disconnects and then it can't find any provider networks. Just sits there searching

caleblee123
Doesn't look like the APN was the issue but thanks for the help.
there was a post where someone else was having the exact issue as me so I'm hoping that we can both get a solution ASAP 🙂
Thanks for the effort!

gene

@caleblee123 is your APN settings correct?  I ran into a problem being where the APN was defaulted to clearnet. Once I switched it to PM, it worked like a charm.

Perhaps, do a network search for your cellular as well?  make sure its pointed to PM?

caleblee123

hi there, i registered two days ago after switching from WIND to PM and once i put the sim card in, i was not able to make phone calls or receive any. Also my data does not work, I can turn it on but it defintely does not work 😞 i have an iphone6  and i went through my "cellular data" and the only option was personal hotspot so nothing there looked unusual 😕 would you be able to help me?

theoc198
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

Have you tried putting your sim in another phone? This sounds like a phone issue if you are not getting signal at all. 

splashable

That's weird and probably very frustrating for you!  You might have some luck getting attention of a moderator on their Facebook page?  Twitter?

Might be worth a shot.  Hope it works out for you.  I'm extremely happy with the quality of Public Mobile service.....so far.  

Curtis

Well that's understandable.  Not much I can do I guess.  But at this point, I'm almost willing to kiss the 3 months prepayment good-bye and go to another provider.  I see Virgin is matching PM's latest promo offer along with unlmtd nationwide calling for $40.   And there is phone support with them. 

zoomzoom87
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

@Curtis wrote:

Public Mobile...who can help/answer/solve my problems?!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

At this point, only you and your friend google. The mods are super swamped right now, it's annoying but it is what it is. Need to be patient. 

Need Help? Let's chat.