cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Buy a sim card from USA

jose
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hi,

The next days I will be going to Canada. I want to travel with a valid Canada sim card put in a free phone. Then when I arrive to Canada I active the sim and I'm ready to talk any people there. I don't find one way to buy a sim card from USA. Isn't it possible?. Thanks

9 REPLIES 9

taichiyen
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

you can get a PM voucher @ Esso Gas station in Canada.

jose
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Oh, if I need a canadian credit card then nothing to do. Thanks

Kayfun101
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle
This will help you find vouchers in Canada not SIM cards but please look up pc mobile is a good option for your short stay here in Canada EH

ute1978
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

Please someone correct me if I am wrong.

I think I read somewhere that you can only activate a SIM card with a Canadian Credit card (or of course PM vouchers)

nishufan
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

You may get a SIM card from ebay or amazon if they ship to to US.

etsat

7-11 Speakout could also be a viable alternative, depending on what you're doing. It's also prepaid, so you could just grab one in store.

s2scotty
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

If you have a friend's postal address, then you can have a public mobile SIM card shipped, free, to that valid Canadian postal address. It'll be here waiting for your arrival. If you have a credit card assured hotel reservation, then most hotels WILL RECEIVE postal mail on behalf of their guests including ones not yet checked in. Just address it so,

John Smith, Arriving 09/04

c/o Hotel Toronto

123 Hotel Street

Toronto, ON M1M 1M1

Use the EXACT name you're reservation/checkin uses. The "09/04" is your arrival/checkin date per your reservation. Make sure you use yours and not my example.  😉

Having the unactivated SIM in hand while on the US side isn't practical, AFAIK. Activation requires the devices connection be on a native cell tower/switch. Another way of saying an activation is likely NOT possible while roaming -- i.e. while you are State side (this may have changed).

Good luck,

liamandrew94

Unfortunately, PublicMobile SIM cards aren't available in physical locations just yet. They need to be shipped to your address to be received and activated, which takes five business days from when the order has been placed.

In your situation, you're most likely better off visiting a grocery store or a Walmart and buying a SIM card from PC Mobile or ChatR (the $35 plan definitely will suit your needs) for your visit to Canada. Enjoy the countryside and our abundant maple syrup! 🙂

Need Help? Let's chat.