cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Busy signal on incoming calls

Lookoutlarry
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I’m using an iPhone X and all incoming calls are greeted with a busy signal ... how do I eleviate this problem? Out going calls are not a problem.

11 REPLIES 11

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Lookoutlarry wrote:

Issue resolved I had replaced my sim with a new # and lost the old sim turns out I had call forwarding turned on to that old sim # . After turning call forwarding off I was able to receive calls normally with out the busy signal. Thanks for your feedback!

The one piece of evidence that could have been helpful...a new SIM.

But really...gpixel4 mentioned call forwarding first.

Call forwarding gets saved at the network side.

Lookoutlarry

Issue resolved I had replaced my sim with a new # and lost the old sim turns out I had call forwarding turned on to that old sim # . After turning call forwarding off I was able to receive calls normally with out the busy signal. Thanks for your feedback!

[Unique call forwarding issue ........ Luddite]

@Lookoutlarry wrote:

I’m using an iPhone X and all incoming calls are greeted with a busy signal ... how do I eleviate this problem? Out going calls are not a problem.

I don't see this as a device issue. More likely, the issue is on the network side. For your caller to hear a busy signal, your line would have to be engaged. That should only happen if you're already in a phone call and someone else calls and gets sent to voicemail. The busy signal should then only happen if a third person tries to call you why the second caller is sitll connected to your voicemail.

I've had this happen before during number porting. It's not supposed to happen, but for about 30 minutes, no incoming calls worked and a busy signal was heard instead of ringing at either the old or new carrier.

@will13am  I suppose that if someone mistakenly has the number forwarded to a phone nmber that is "off hook" or has the forwarding settings set to the same number would cause a busy signal loop.

@jenlam wrote:

For my phone, it goes straight to voice mail.  I even topped up my account with additional minutes and nothing.

Hi @jenlam try resetting your network settings as suggested by @gpixel above.

Come back and let us know what happens.  Good luck!

Welcome to Public Mobile and the Community!  1

@Lookoutlarry wrote:

Outgoing calls can be placed no problem 

Check whether do not disturb or call forward is on.  

Lookoutlarry

Outgoing calls can be placed no problem 

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

@Lookoutlarry , by chance are you disconnecting from the network?  

jenlam

For my phone, it goes straight to voice mail.  I even topped up my account with additional minutes and nothing.

gpixel
Mayor / Maire

@Lookoutlarry 

• make sure "do not disturb" is disabled
  • open your dialer and dial ##21# and  ##004# to reset your call forwarding
  • reset your network settings

1. From the home screen navigate to Settings>General>Reset
2. Tap Reset Network Settings
If prompted enter your passcode
3. Tap Reset Network Settings
4. Restart your phone

esjliv
Mayor / Maire

Hi @Lookoutlarry ,

If none of the things work from my previous post try contacting the moderators to check your account.

To contact the Moderator_Team, there are two ways to reach them:

1-Click the question mark on the bottom right hand side of your screen to talk to SIMon the chat bot.

esjliv_0-1600383263004.png 

https://publicmobile.ca.ada.support/chat/

OR

2-Contact the Moderator_Team via private message using this link.

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

esjliv
Mayor / Maire

Hi @Lookoutlarry ,

Did you port a cell or landline?

If you just ported your phone number from another cell provider it could take a few hours to complete the port. Using the other cell provider's SIM you should be still receiving calls on it, until the port completes.

If you ported from a landline it could take up to 7 days to complete.

Make sure you do not cancel your previous provider's services until the port is complete.

*Incoming calls are usually the last to port, and when it comes to porting a land line, the incoming calls could still be coming to previous provider.

Check these things out as well:

https://www.payetteforward.com/why-does-my-iphone-go-straight-to-voicemail-heres-the-fix/

Need Help? Let's chat.