cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bravo Abuse

ShawnC13
Oracle
Oracle

I am not sure if it really is an issue but just something that caught my eye.  I guess with a financial reward involved people will do what they can to get it.  In the attached picture this person has give 30 bravos's to someone who has made 32 posts and has received 83 bravo's back from that same person and look at the other quantities from other members given and received.  Wait I just checked back it is 31 and 90 comeon guys stop with the garbage I don't want to have to call you out on itBravo's.PNG

I am happy to help, but I am not a Customer Support Agent please do not include any personal info in a message to me. Click HERE to create a trouble ticket through SIMon the Chatbot *

135 REPLIES 135

Rockdaddy22
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité
People become president by being unethical, don't worry you're in good company. 🙂 Actually, it's the one who asked for bravos that is unethical. Who said anything about killing lol Obviously dealing with kids here, hopefully anyway.

ronaldo7
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen
@Rockdaddy22 HAHAHA you're calling me unethical based on me bravo-Ing comments lmfao don't killlllll me

Rockdaddy22
It's not hard to notice lol Maybe if you guys didn't get bravo happy, it wouldn't of been noticed. Greed tends to do that to people.

Rockdaddy22
No, but he got something out of it. So please tell me why you'd mostly only bravo his posts? Obviously he explained to you why he wanted you to create an account and bravo him. Nothing illegal, just unethical 🙂

ronaldo7
@Rockdaddy22 @ShawnC13 tell me more how "liking/Bravo-ing" people comments are abusing the system? If there's an option to bravo someone, it's clearly not illegal. The fact that you lurked that hard and noticed is weird tbh. We didn't really get anything out of it so worry about something else rather than me and my friends clicking a like button. Take it easy bruh

Rockdaddy22
I have all kinds of friends and family on PM, haven't got a bravo from even 1 of them. I guess they don't like me 😞

So you searched out just your family members post to give bravos to? That doesn't seem orchestrated at all lol

@Jeremy_M should definitely take a look at this. Very unfortunate 😞

@ronaldo7 I am glad that a lot of your friends and family have found this deal and are in on it.  I have even referrenced meekju. samantha and Andre is a post where someone was looking for a SIM.  We have no problem with you helping people out but to come in and abuse a system is wrong and it was so blatantly wrong how this group did it.  Come in and help out that is great if someone likes your post even better but don't get a group and try to overpower the system.

I am happy to help, but I am not a Customer Support Agent please do not include any personal info in a message to me. Click HERE to create a trouble ticket through SIMon the Chatbot *

Rockdaddy22
I don't have a life lately because I've actually been trying to help people here for the last couple weeks.

Rockdaddy22
Thanks for confirming 🙂

I don't need my family to Bravo me I'll tell you that. This is hilarious.

ronaldo7
@Rockdaddy22 and @ShawnC13 you guys have no life lmfao

ronaldo7
Yeah we're all related/friends is there a problem? You get somewhere in life by working together not alone Rockdaddy22

Rockdaddy22
So you know the 3 of them, what a coincidence. I guess you are accusing people in this thread of being negative?

Chelsea353

So sorry I have not had time to post these last two weeks as I have been contibuting to the community in the outside world in a positive way by helping people get on this plan as well, rather then adding to the negitivity of the community online such as some who shall remain unnamed...

@meekju1339 @AndreLaranjeiro @Samantha1 drove to toronto from guelph just so they can get sims for people and mail them out if they need it. Spend your time doing something for others rather then lurking other peoples stats and then posting about it 🙂 

@meekju1339 thank you for all of your help setting me up and helping me set up others!! Smiley Very Happy

CHEERS

Rockdaddy22
This is just ridiculous. Unfortunately it's not the first case

@Rockdaddy22 wrote:
Isn't that funny, these people should be banned

@Rockdaddy22 I agree @Samantha1 Had given meekju 82 Bravos with no posts @Chelsea353 has give 42 with not posts and @paul3 had given 23 with a whole 6 posts and all of thes just happened 2-3 weeks ago when they all signed up.  Oh and Samantha and meekju and @AndreLaranjeiro (who has given 90 Bravo's to meekju) all have extra SIMS for sale and samantha told me to call her boyfriend should I call it and find out it is meekju

Rockdaddy22
Isn't that funny, these people should be banned

@Samantha1I will not beleive you as you were one of the people that had given 82 bravo's 3 weeks ago with no posts

Samantha.PNG

SD08

An alternative, perhaps?  Smiley Very Happy

Samantha1
If you actually look at all of the posts they have, you will notice that they have all been valuable to other PM members

Rockdaddy22
I don't usually check those numbers

Rockdaddy22
What are you guys saying? People abusing bravos?

@Kaiyo @ShawnC13 @ute1978 Please tag, or private message, @Jeremy_M when you see these issues. They are corrected as needed.

>>> ALERT: I am not a CSA. Je ne suis pas un Agent du soutien à la clientèle.

@Kaiyo we can theorize all we want, but may never know. If PM is using a software package for this discussion forum, you ought to think it has reporting features to see an overview of the activity on here.

I noticed if you click the Options (after posting a message), there's a Report Innappropriate Content link there. Maybe that's an option to test as well.

Kaiyo
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@daredogg wrote:

Maybe AndreLaranjeiro and meekju133 are the same person!?!? Did you ever think of that?! *dun dun dun* Robot LOL

Kidding of course, but I think it's a waste of time to worry about this. I do think it's good you brought attention to it, so that Jeremy_M can determine if those bravos are legit or not. The true test of community is if they'll be here in 12 months or not. I give them until the end of the year.

I'd also tend to think that bravos don't pull a lot of weight in determining what reward you get. Actually replying, posting threads, and having your posts marked as solutions should be the determining factors.

You can technically abuse mark as solution too, make a thread and reply in your own thread and mark your own post as solutions. 

I also doubt the mods will go look through bravos etc, would be to time consuming

ute1978
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@daredogg wrote:

Maybe AndreLaranjeiro and meekju133 are the same person!?!? Did you ever think of that?! *dun dun dun* Robot LOL

Yes, I did. But I didn't want to make those accusations. It is clear that the two of them at least know each other. I am not worrying about the incident but about how PM will decide about the future of the community rewards if those kind of incidents will happen more often.

@Rockdaddy22 watch your back. Somebody is right behind you (bravos from the last 7 days). If this isn't bravo abuse then I'll eat my hat.

bravo 7 days.PNG

Kidding of course, but I think it's a waste of time to worry about this. I do think it's good you brought attention to it, so that Jeremy_M can determine if those bravos are legit or not. The true test of community is if they'll be here in 12 months or not. I give them until the end of the year.

I'd also tend to think that bravos don't pull a lot of weight in determining what reward you get. Actually replying, posting threads, and having your posts marked as solutions should be the determining factors.

The thing is that when people come in here and see a list of top author Bravo'd I would take it as them having valueable comments and helping people.  In fact it was one of those people I first pm'd with a question because I felt I could trust their response.  To have people falsely inflate it isn't just about the rewards it is also about a trusted opinion and many of the members here have spent a long time creating that trusted reputation and to have someone come in and in 3 weeks try and de-value it and abuse it to such a point is really disappointing.

clavije
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

who really care if they spend a couple of hours a day helping others just to get a dollar after 12 months , i call it slave work

just my 2 cents

ute1978
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@AndreLaranjeiro wrote:

😞 Awwwwhh you didnt save enough money on your monthly bill 😞 please, you're making my heart ache

Then please take a pill.

I save $50 every month just because I switched from my previous carrier to PM. And to tell you the truth, I am not upset if I don't get any community rewards. I would rather donate my rewards to people who deserve it more, to people who spend way more time in this community helping out other members....

What makes me furious is the fact that because of people like you who abuse a system, a system will be taken down. This can lead to no community rewards any more.  That is my biggest fear.

@ute1978 look at this 147 bravos from 3 people with 6 posts and only one other bravo given.  Think it is just multiple accounts lol.  So for the top 4 he has 237 out of his 353 Bravo's from 4 people that have only been here two weeksMeekju.PNG

Need Help? Let's chat.