cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bravo Abuse

ShawnC13
Oracle
Oracle

I am not sure if it really is an issue but just something that caught my eye.  I guess with a financial reward involved people will do what they can to get it.  In the attached picture this person has give 30 bravos's to someone who has made 32 posts and has received 83 bravo's back from that same person and look at the other quantities from other members given and received.  Wait I just checked back it is 31 and 90 comeon guys stop with the garbage I don't want to have to call you out on itBravo's.PNG

I am happy to help, but I am not a Customer Support Agent please do not include any personal info in a message to me. Click HERE to create a trouble ticket through SIMon the Chatbot *

135 REPLIES 135

Rockdaddy22
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité
What's your point? You want me to treat these kids with kid gloves? I'm sorry I have no patience for cheaters.

Rockdaddy22 wrote:

You sure did help him out. A little too much maybe.

Why do I care? Why do you think?

Because only kids play games like you guys, that's how I knew you were young.

Case in point @Rockdaddy22. Seriously.

Rockdaddy22
You don't think they know money was on the line lol They knew exactly what they were doing, and they got caught.

Rockdaddy22
You obviously don't understand the the story if that's what you think. It had nothing to do with people giving him bravos because of his signature. It's getting 2 family members to give you a couple hundred bravos in a couple days, that's a problem. Oracle or not, cheating is not acceptable, and I think Jeremy has made that clear.

@Chelsea353 thank you for your post!  believe me, I was no saint here, as I too blamed your brother. It wasn't until I private messaged him that he explained what happened. I think because bravos do play a part in the monthly rewards, that's why it upset a lot of people. Money was on the line...

@Rockdaddy22 as one of our new oracles, I think you need to be a bit more objective than quickly jumping on the blame bandwagon. Really though, you too have been a little harsh (and outspoken I must say) about this issue of bravo padding. Yes, meekju may have added a tag asking for bravos and marked solutions, and was wrong for doing so. But when I privately messaged him, telling him how his request was upsetting people (me included), he apologized and quickly removed the signature line. Again, this was a teachable moment, letting new people know that they're doing something out-of-protocol. There was no need to make a public spectacle of it.

I'm not trying to cause an issue with you and @ShawnC13 about this, but I do believe as a community, we will need to correct one another at times. Trust me, I've been corrected a few times already, and am thankful to those that wanted to help me learn. Being some of the top contributors here I think we have that responsibility. I hope you can see that I'm trying to be objective.

@ShawnC13 you're right! I'm being a hypocrite by publicly calling you out instead of sending you a private message. Maybe you weren't aware of the whole situation, and I should have asked instead of accusing you of being hostile. Sorry for doing that.

I know this is only one issue, but as top contributors here in the Community I think we need to have a more objective eye. I don't know all aspects of what happened, as I didn't contact the other person in question, but after messaging with meekju I don't think he wasn't trying to work the system. Maybe his family members got a bit excited, but none the less, they have stopped now (and so has he).

I just think for future reference we should give people here a chance to explain their actions before jumping all over them. Not all people will be geniune, no, but for people who are, think of it as more of a teaching moment than anything else. I think you said it yourself that you've learned a lot from reading the oracle's posts. Maybe you can be the same fountain of wisdom to others! Robot LOL Really though, you've been a great addition to the PM community and I applaud you for being a watchdog here. I hope we can move beyond this, and continue to help eachother.

Chelsea353
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen
No games my friend, we are not that kind of people just wish you could see that. And yea they are great!!! Can't wait for the play offs

Rockdaddy22
I love the raps my favorite sport and team 🙂 Anyway, just contribute normally and everyone will be happy.

Rockdaddy22
Because only kids play games like you guys, that's how I knew you were young.

Chelsea353
Hmm I find that interesting... well I'm younger than that 23 actually which you will probably put down the fact that I'm young for some reason lol anyways this is a good community we are just apart of it. If you don't like us I am not sure what to tell you. you watching the raps game? Great shots by the boys tonight

Rockdaddy22
You?

Chelsea353
Not too sure why you care? Do you use this as your social media or something? Also may I ask your age?

Rockdaddy22
Why do I care? Why do you think?

Chelsea353
There now you have them too 🙂
He helped out a lot of people, his as well as some of my suggestions got listed as solutions.

Chelsea353
Lol he didn't ask me once .... yet some how you are able to come up with this stuff, what is this? Why do you care ?

Rockdaddy22
You sure did help him out. A little too much maybe.

Rockdaddy22
So why only bravo him?

Chelsea353
Good to know that there are people out here that understand, my brother @meekju showed me this plan and how great the community is, especially when it came to helping each other out. That is all we were doing helping out one another. okay

Rockdaddy22
@daredogg trading referrals for bravos lol give me a break. I've never asked one referral to bravo me, that would be cheating in my book. Plus the people in question are family and specifically searched out his posts to bravo. I can't beleive you think that is acceptable in this community. No need to ask questions, they made it way to obvious and his family even admitted it. He got greedy, referral rewards wasn't enough I guess.

Shawn, wasn't it mainly his two family members that did all the bravos, it's not like they car from 20 different people.

@daredoggI wouldn't say I was patting myself on the back.  I brought it to attention was directed to take it to a specific Mod and I did that.  Many users of the community agreed and had also notived what was going on.  I know that bravos aren't the only factor but I guess it was a coincidence that they all stopped at that time or he asked them.  I am glad you messaged them and asked them about it.  I offered to buy one of their extra SIMS but the conditions of purchase weren't worth it to me.  Sorry you didn't agree with my post or the method that I brought this up.  But if you didn't like the way it is brought up why not just send me a private message like you did them. If my method was so bad why have you just done the same?

I am happy to help, but I am not a Customer Support Agent please do not include any personal info in a message to me. Click HERE to create a trouble ticket through SIMon the Chatbot *

@ShawnC13 don't be so quick to pat yourself on the back about getting meekju1339 to stop with the bravos. I private messaged them directly a few weeks back, asking them to explain why SO many bravos were coming their way. Apparently they referred a whole bunch of people, and being thankful for being referred, the new people started bravo'ing everything meekju1339 said. The reason all the bravos stopped was not because of your "intervention", but instead because they asked their referrals to stop clicking the bravo button.

I must say, your method of jumping all over this was a bit hostile. Instead of going to the source and asking what was up, you immediately accused people of bravo padding. Maybe your method got a response, but in the process you've totally turned off someone like meekju1339 from geniunely wanting to help here in the community. And really... over something as minor as bravos, when they only partially factor in with receiving rewards.

I truly believe in giving people the benefit of the doubt, so maybe in the future we not jump all over people we suspect of doing something they shouldn't. Go to the source, ask questions...

Thank you for looking into this @Jeremy_M, it is unfortunate that people would go to that extent for something that is designed to provide a small reward to other members for helping them.  It is unfortuante that they were still rewarded in  November with a top 5%

Rockdaddy22
That's great to hear, it was an unfortunate case 😞

Jeremy_M
Retraité / Retired
Retraité / Retired

@ShawnC13 @ute1978 @Rockdaddy22

Thank you for pointing this out, we are aware and have taken the appropriate action.

Jeremy

Rockdaddy22
Thanks for the clarification Shawn.

@ute1978, @Rockdaddy22 I doubt he has but it is funny how it stopped right after I started this and very little action from any of them since.  I think it was roughly 240 at least.

Rockdaddy22
It really is a sad case, I think it's a lot more than 200. I doubt @Jeremy_M had a chance to investigate, he's obviously been extremely busy.

ute1978
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

Really curious how this case will end up for the November badges.

Because at least 200 bravos are "cheat bravos" if you check the profile.

cheat bravos.PNG

ShawnC13
Oracle
Oracle
There was no research involved i clicked a link and it was ask there very obvious. Like I said just help people and all will be
Good

Need Help? Let's chat.