cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bravo Abuse

ShawnC13
Oracle
Oracle

I am not sure if it really is an issue but just something that caught my eye.  I guess with a financial reward involved people will do what they can to get it.  In the attached picture this person has give 30 bravos's to someone who has made 32 posts and has received 83 bravo's back from that same person and look at the other quantities from other members given and received.  Wait I just checked back it is 31 and 90 comeon guys stop with the garbage I don't want to have to call you out on itBravo's.PNG

I am happy to help, but I am not a Customer Support Agent please do not include any personal info in a message to me. Click HERE to create a trouble ticket through SIMon the Chatbot *

135 REPLIES 135

Chelsea353
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hahaha totally forgot about this! I can’t believe this thing is still active after all these years. What a laugh 

@softech @Anonymous @gpixel 

Have at her boys she's good for laugh! 🤣🤣🤣

Lol....a highly entertaining thread but golly gee you would think the bravo police would have gotten to it by now and sent it to die in the abyss........where I found it under my banished bravo thread as thread related to mine. Along with a newbie one from me and my disappeared bravos thread from posting the telus porting department phone number 130 times....132 actually. They missed 2!!😃

ohitora
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

But you must admit that it is cool and impressive to be able to brag to others that your enjoying a less then $10 per month phone plan which equates to $100/year while others pay $35 or nore per month which equates to $420/year. ———— many of us have fallen victim to advertising which exploits our short term thinking — like only a few $$$ per week or month.

ohitora

Very reasonable and inteligent analysis.  

@daredogg wrote:

@colhaven your response made me laugh! Thumb Up  If someone's reason for participating on here is for financial gain... you're right, that's a little sad.

@ohitora do you happen to know the secret recipe for KFC? those 11 secret herbs and spices? Yes, maybe we know the recipe now (thanks to Wikipedia), but not knowing before, did that prevent you from enjoying their chicken? Same goes with the rewards system here... just because you don't know exactly how it works, is that going to prevent you from participating and helping others? Participate, and you'll be rewarded to some degree. That's the way I look at it. If you get bravos along the way, great... if not, oh well.

Yiatiohi

As long as no forum rules are broken the best policy is to just ignore and not feed the beast.

@colhaven your response made me laugh! Thumb Up  If someone's reason for participating on here is for financial gain... you're right, that's a little sad.

@ohitora do you happen to know the secret recipe for KFC? those 11 secret herbs and spices? Yes, maybe we know the recipe now (thanks to Wikipedia), but not knowing before, did that prevent you from enjoying their chicken? Same goes with the rewards system here... just because you don't know exactly how it works, is that going to prevent you from participating and helping others? Participate, and you'll be rewarded to some degree. That's the way I look at it. If you get bravos along the way, great... if not, oh well.

ohitora

For some money has nothing to do with it - it's the chase!

ohitora

Thank you - 

MacMe
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@ohitora wrote:

Well as a good member  please share it with the rest of us so we can have a goal to shoot for. Right now I BRAVO every post including yours and I still can't understand why some fellow members are being so stingy and feel that this is not legal. As far as I'm concerned the more BRAVOs I give helps fellow members get closer to earning reward $$$.

I for one so far have not earned a single reward $$ and I doubt that I ever will.

This link has been posted to you mutliple times, but I'll post it one more time.

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Rewards/Community-Reward/m-p/415#M5

If you take a look at it, you will see that you haven't received any Community rewards because:

• Community Rewards are reviewed between the 1st and 6th of every month, and applied to your account after the review period on your payment due date. 

ohitora

Here we  go again --- how do some equate giving BRAVOS to cheating?  Is it your opinion that  I have been cheating by giving you and others  BRAVOS? I have given you BRAVOs because I respect your opinions even though I mostly  can't see the logic.

***For example below you state  "If it was only based on bravos given, then people would be giving out bravos needlessly." well since it obviously is not based on BRAVOS then what's the big deal and fuss all about and concern about persons being generous by giving BRAVOS?

@Anonymous wrote:

@ohitora - the reason it is secret is to avoid (lessen) the possibility of people trying to game (cheat) the system.  If the formula was only based on bravos, then people would cheat to get more bravos.  If it was only based on time in the community, then people would waste time in the community/use bots (or whatever is possible).  If it was only based on bravos given, then people would be giving out bravos needlessly.

Get the picture?  The secrecy just makes it harder to cheat.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@ohitora - the reason it is secret is to avoid (lessen) the possibility of people trying to game (cheat) the system.  If the formula was only based on bravos, then people would cheat to get more bravos.  If it was only based on time in the community, then people would waste time in the community/use bots (or whatever is possible).  If it was only based on bravos given, then people would be giving out bravos needlessly.

Get the picture?  The secrecy just makes it harder to cheat.

ohitora

Well as a good member  please share it with the rest of us so we can have a goal to shoot for. Right now I BRAVO every post including yours and I still can't understand why some fellow members are being so stingy and feel that this is not legal. As far as I'm concerned the more BRAVOs I give helps fellow members get closer to earning reward $$$.

I for one so far have not earned a single reward $$ and I doubt that I ever will.

colhaven
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

This 2016 post is still entertaining. Let's keep it alive.

Abuse is a potential and natural consequence of any finacial reward system (even small ones). If there is a loophole in a system and someone wants to exploit it, that's a personal decision. PM will fix or ignore it as they see fit since they're the ones paying. 

If someone needs a few dollars off their bill, and needs to bravo abuse to do it, i feel bad for them.  Personally I read the forums because I find them informative and entertaining. I have much easier ways of making or saving $10 a month. 

Also I love how the bravo abuser trolled the complainer by bravoing him. Seriously, people get so upset over small things......first world problems people.

ohitora

Finaly an explanation from a reasonable person. But the formula could not possibly be a secret because that would be obsurd and counter productive.

@Anonymous wrote:

@ohitora, the amount of bravos received is a major component of the participation rewards calculation.  The more bravos, the higher likelyhood of a higher reward.  The exact furmula is unknown, but bravos earned is a major component of the formula.

Anonymous
Not applicable

As menioned, the formula used to determine the rankings is secret.

ohitora

Ofcourse I do understand but so far no one has explained -----  how exactly BRAVOs earned  converted to Reward $$$.    Again please enlighten us by providing some sort data showing what number of BRAVOS earned or given result in reward $$$$$.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@ohitora, the amount of bravos received is a major component of the participation rewards calculation.  The more bravos, the higher likelyhood of a higher reward.  The exact furmula is unknown, but bravos earned is a major component of the formula.

Rockdaddy22
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@ohitora wrote:

Argggggg.......How and why would anyone to cheat? What would be the benefit of cheating even if one could figure out how to do it. I perused the site and could not find anything listing how exactly BRAVOs earned  converted to Reward $$$. Please enlighten us.

You don’t understand why someone would cheat for financial rewards?

ohitora

Argggggg.......How and why would anyone to cheat? What would be the benefit of cheating even if one could figure out how to do it. I perused the site and could not find anything listing how exactly BRAVOs earned  converted to Reward $$$. Please enlighten us.

Rockdaddy22
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@ohitora wrote:

I'm a newbie and don't understand what  this entertaining fuss about BRAVOS is all about. Other then bragging rights is there another benefit for collecting BRAVOS?

Very funny 😂

ohitora

Thanks for link.

MacMe
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@ohitora wrote:

I'm a newbie and don't understand what  this entertaining fuss about BRAVOS is all about. Other then bragging rights is there another benefit for collecting BRAVOS?

From earlier today:

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Rewards/How-are-cash-rewards-determined/m-p/247321

ohitora

ohitora

KUDOS

ohitora

They must just have too much time in their hands and do their best to hinder others.

ohitora

What topic?

@ute1978 wrote:

Do you guys realize you feed a troll? He is also trying to cheat the system.

Just figured. Better to just ignore. 

Yiatiohi

Walmart gives out free PM Sim cards pluss $20 cash back account credit.

Yiatiohi

Smart person, KUDOS to you.

Need Help? Let's chat.