cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Bonus data used before plan data ran out

Hi,

I have a 1GB data plan, (500/500 w/ auto pay), but for some reason, after using only 200MB of data, the bonus 3GB add on started to be used.

How do i rectify this? 

My understanding is that the account should use the 1GB first, then use the 3GB and any unused 3GB will be carried over. 

EDIT - SOLVED: SOLUTION: contact moderator. They are currently reviewing and have submitted a IT Ticket. 

Tags (2)

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Mayor / Maire

Re: Bonus data used before plan data ran out

You're understanding is correct.

In 30 day period from payment date. If you use up your plan data then the add-on kicks in until next payment due date. At renewal your plan data will reset for the new 30 days and your add-on will rollover. Then plan data starts again and the add-on waits in background until it's needed again.

If this is not happening contact moderators to look into it for you.

Simon.JPG

Or private message them at this link.

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

View solution in original post

All Replies
Highlighted
Mayor / Maire

Hello,

Yes, your 1GB is used first.

If it doesn't show what is left in your overview, you used it up.

Mine below is showing 149 MB used out of 250 MB. Does yours show anything?

esjliv_0-1601855734940.png

Highlighted
Mayor / Maire

You're understanding is correct.

In 30 day period from payment date. If you use up your plan data then the add-on kicks in until next payment due date. At renewal your plan data will reset for the new 30 days and your add-on will rollover. Then plan data starts again and the add-on waits in background until it's needed again.

If this is not happening contact moderators to look into it for you.

Simon.JPG

Or private message them at this link.

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

View solution in original post

Highlighted
Mayor / Maire

@Jenniyah...

have a look at what apps are using data as some of them can be perdy hungry. I turn off all data to each app except the ones I need. Then if I need to use a data app, I'll turn thaat on while in use only.

Your plan data should be consumed before any other bucket of data. Have a look at your 30 day history to see if you can see any pattern of excessive data consumption.

Highlighted

yes, the 3gb bonus data started  to be used BEFORE my 1GB in plan data was used up.

How to fix this? 

Highlighted
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@Jenniyah wrote:

yes, the 3gb bonus data started  to be used BEFORE my 1GB in plan data was used up.

How to fix this? 

This is not something that you can fix yourself. it is an account issue. Open a ticket with the moderators by going to https://publicmobile.ca.ada.support/chat

Highlighted
Mayor / Maire

@Jenniyah wrote:

How to fix this?

If the addon is being used up then contact the moderators about this as @Jb456 posted, but can you post a screen shot of your "My Data And Add-Ons" section, to see the whole picture?

Highlighted
Mayor / Maire

when did this start to happen?  

Highlighted

Screenshot_20201004-173146_Chrome.jpg

 screenshot of the date usage

Highlighted
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@Jenniyah wrote:

Screenshot_20201004-173146_Chrome.jpg

 screenshot of the date usage

Based on the image, you haven't used anywhere near 200MB for this billing cycle.  it it possible that the amount used from the bonus is from a previous billing cycle?

Need Help? Let's chat.