cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bogus Voice Mail saying "No minutes"?

RachelE
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

Is anyone else getting  random voicemails that  say "Talking is not included in your plan?" WTH? I DO have minutes, so I don't know why I'm getting this.

12 REPLIES 12

@RachelE wrote:

It was a voice mail from Public Mobile. (The phone didn't ring and there was no record in the call log.) I received a call before the VM, and one after, so it appears it was unrelated to my actual service.

You must mean a "voice message" not a "voicemail". If it only affects outgoing calls...

Which plan are you on? is it an older province-wide plan, or limited minutes plan?

@RachelE wrote:

It was a voice mail from Public Mobile. (The phone didn't ring and there was no record in the call log.) I received a call before the VM, and one after, so it appears it was unrelated to my actual service.

You shouldn't be getting any voicemail mesages about this. Those messages are supposed to be heard when you place a call. 

RachelE

kselmak
Mayor / Maire

@RachelE 

I get that when I mistype and an calling usa number by mistake

It did occasionally happen that people have those issues when there is something technical going on and there was recently something like that they are deploying province calling again and most accounts affected were those with old province calling. 

If you check the number and it's ok and if you keep getting that message contract Moderator_Team via private message

@RachelE wrote:

Hmmm. Not sure a sarcastic reply is particularly helpful. Saying "strange things happen sometimes with Public Mobile" is not very reassuring and hopefully that's an inaccurate statement. I'm also not getting how would logging in more would help as this issue wasn't mentioned. Confusing!

Take it as you wish, @RachelE - but strange things DO happen with Public Mobile.

It's a 3rd tier service supplier of a major mobile carrier.  They are currently making changes to their plans - there will undoubtedly be hiccups.

The only reason I recommended logging into the Announcements section once every few weeks is that Public Mobile staff sometimes post very useful or helpful information or updates their to the service.

It's really up to you how you want to proceed.  I'm just another customer.

Good luck.

RachelE

Nope. Not there. Thanks anyway!

RachelE

Hmmm. Not sure a sarcastic reply is particularly helpful. Saying "strange things happen sometimes with Public Mobile" is not very reassuring and hopefully that's an inaccurate statement. I'm also not getting how would logging in more would help as this issue wasn't mentioned. Confusing!

HALIMACS
Mayor / Maire

The magic question @RachelE , is are you able to make and receive phone calls?

If so, ignore the message.  Strange things happen sometimes with Public Mobile - the key thing to remember is if everything works, don't try to change anything.

Once a few weeks, log into the Announcements page on the Community site just to stay atop of current happenings.

😁

esjliv
Mayor / Maire

@RachelE wrote:

Is anyone else getting  random voicemails that  say "Talking is not included in your plan?" WTH? I DO have minutes, so I don't know why I'm getting this.

HI @RachelE ,

Yes, I got that message when trying to call out last week - and I have unlimited Canada Wide Minutes! I think with the new plans PM are rolling out there was something done in the back end of things.

Reboot your phone and try again. It only happened the once for me.

JK8
Mayor / Maire

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@RachelE wrote:

What you meant someone called you and left you such voicemail?  is that a machine voice or actual human voice?

Need Help? Let's chat.