cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bloked SIM

julien
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hello, 

I've just bloked my SIM card, and I need a PUK code...

How can i get this code ?

It's a bit urgent... 
Big thanks for your answer !

Julien

12 REPLIES 12

julien

It's all right !

Thanks for your insane rapidity ! 

It's really appreciated, public mobile is N°1 !

srlawren
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@Luddite there actually is a BlackBerry 10 version of Fongo for anyone on a Z10/Z30/Q10/Q5/Passport/Classic/Leap and any other BB10 phones I may have missed (but I think that's all of them).  Here's the link:  https://appworld.blackberry.com/webstore/content/47682895/?lang=en&countrycode=CA

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

Kalla_A
Retraité / Retired
Retraité / Retired

Hello @julien,

I have replied to your post on the French Community. I have also sent you a private message with the correct PUK to unblock your SIM card. 

It all should be alright now Smiley Very Happy

Cheers,

Kalla

• Would be Nice and efficient if PPL required a PUK code can do so in their Self - Serve account, and was given directly within a few moments or hrs.

So, unless it's a Blackberry, check out fongo.com. I know that several PM customers are using data only plans with it. Also, Fongo can provide SMS, but no MMS, for about $2/month.

Once you are up again with the current SIM backing up to the cloud or a PC would give you protection from a recurrance. You are the first person I've heard with a smartphone that has only the SIM for their contacts. Most folks have them stored in the phone.

It's going to a while before the PUK arrives I think, so hang in there.

>>> ALERT: I am not a CSA. Je ne suis pas un Agent du soutien à la clientèle.

julien

I have a smartphone since i have blocked my SIM... like 1 hour...

The thing is all my contacts are on my sim card, and I can't have access to it.

But it's a good idea anyway

Right. Then while you are waiting, and assuming you can still connect your phone to wifi (even if you must remove the SIM), a VOIP app from, say, Fongo.com, will allow you make/receive calls in Canada. They don't have an app for Blackberry though.

Do you have a smartphone, or flip phone? Assume you did check that you haven't copied your contacts to the phone as well the SIM?

julien

yes but i'll loose all my contacts... If i can unblock my card I would prefer...

Here is an article I found on the topic: http://unlockworldwide.com/2011/10/what-is-puk/

Well fast is relative given that all support is by email or this Community. That being said, if you have had no, or an unhelpful, response by noon tomorrow let us know so that a moderator can be notified.

It may be wise to order a replacement SIM as it may be simpler just to activate a new one on your account. If you post your postal code (but NOT your address) someone nearby may have spare.

Also, what triggered the problem and how does it affect your service?

julien

Thanks for your help, 

I've just send an email, i hope to have a solution fast.

Luddite
Oracle
Oracle

See if this thread answers your question: What is PUK code? Where do I get the PUK code?

Sorry, I know nothing more about it.

Have you tried rebooting your phone?

Need Help? Let's chat.