cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Blocked cell number.

BillMattsson
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hi,  I would like to know how to unblock my cell number so that when I call someone, it will show my cell number and not "UNKNOWN CALLER" or "PRIVATE NUMBER"?

6 REPLIES 6

Nezgar
Mayor / Maire

@BillMattsson wrote:

Hi,  I would like to know how to unblock my cell number so that when I call someone, it will show my cell number and not "UNKNOWN CALLER" or "PRIVATE NUMBER"?

There are ways to do it in the phones menus, but here is the definitive way to set/clear outgoing CID blocking using standard GSM codes with Public Mobile on any phone:

• Block outgoing caller ID for all future calls by dialing: *31#
  • When blocking outgoing caller ID by default, you can enable it "per call" by prefixing *31# to a number (ie: *31#xxxyyyzzzz )

• Allow outgoing caller ID by default by dialing: #31#
  • When allowing outgoing caller ID by default, you can disable it "per call" by prefixing #31# to a number (ie: #31#xxxyyyzzzz )

@BillMattsson wrote:

Along with the already provided suggestions, carriers can actually have the outgoing call display block on the network end with only cusomer service being able to activate it. Although I do not an that Public Mobile offers this option to customers, carriers have long been able to do it., 

gpixel
Mayor / Maire

@BillMattsson 

android:

open your phone dialer app and go to settings>calls>caller id

iPhone:

open settings>phone>show my caller id

hairbag1
Mayor / Maire

@BillMattsson wrote:

iliketotalk
Mayor / Maire

@BillMattsson wrote:

Anonymous
Not applicable

@BillMattsson wrote:

It will be an option in your dialer. Keep digging. Android or iOS?

Need Help? Let's chat.