cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Blocked caller

tanyatwyla
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I accidentally blocked calls from calgary remand center. It is not a setting on my phone.

I need to unblock immediately .i contacted the remand center they told me to contact my provider

6 REPLIES 6

BlueB
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@tanyatwyla 

Like others have said, blocking numbers is likely done on your own phone (and not through Public Mobile).  If you can tell us exactly what phone you're using, then we can make sure we provide you with steps of removing that block.

Otherwise, some good instructions from @Anonymous and @darlicious I hope will help.  Let us know how it goes!  🙂

@tanyatwyla 

My phone gives me several different ways of unblocking numbers I have blocked both thru the number and the 3 dots top right.

Screenshot_20210920-062726.pngScreenshot_20210920-062743.pngScreenshot_20210920-062733.pngScreenshot_20210920-062754.png

STACER17
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

In message convo or contact top-right three dots for settings, click Block Messages, then Block Numbers. Any blocked numbers will show up. Erase.

esjliv
Mayor / Maire

@tanyatwyla wrote:

I accidentally blocked calls from calgary remand center. It is not a setting on my phone.

I need to unblock immediately .i contacted the remand center they told me to contact my provider

@tanyatwyla 

I have not tried this myself, and I read different things, but it may help.

Perform a RESET of your NETWORK SETTINGS, it may clear any Blocked Numbers you have on your device.

esjliv_0-1632051228111.png

Also, just to make sure...can you try your SIM into another phone to see if the call comes in?

Anonymous
Not applicable

@tanyatwyla : Samsung A31 running A11: I go into the stock dialer and tap the 3 dots upper right, tap Settings, tap Block numbers, find one to un-do and tap the red minus over to the right.

@tanyatwyla wrote:

This is not something that Public Mobile can assist you with if you have accidently blocked the number. Public Mobile does not provide any call blocking services.  This actually is very likely a a setting on your phone doing this.  If this phone number is saved in your contact list, I would start from there and check again if this contact/number is blocked.

Need Help? Let's chat.