cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Big problem

mishkaismine
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I just signed up for public mobile, enrolled in autopay.  And something happened at the end of the registration as if it crashed.  I put my sim card in. I call my friend and it works.  But when he calls me, someone else picks up.  I need help please on whats going on.

24 REPLIES 24

It is a waste of time for the moderator, and the subscriber when the subscriber can do it themself.

ruif71

Contact @Moderator

They will help pretty quick.

Unfortunately, this has happened before. For some reaosn, the system has a habbit of sometimes (but rarely) assigning a phone number to a new customer that is already active and being used by someone else. The only solution is to change your phone number (which you will be required to do regardless).  If it is a new number that you took, i would not even bother waiting for moderators, and I would just log into your self-serve account and change it from there.

blessme4k
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

Contact the @CS_Agent and tell them the issue. They are always helpful and quick!

No one needs a 647 number.  416 and 437 work the same way.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Area_codes_416,_647,_and_437

I live in what was known as 519 (Southwestern Ontario) for years, always have a 519.  It's a large area.  Now the area code geographic area is also 226 and 548.

Do I want to change from my current 226?  No, I've had it for 15 years.

With province-wide calling, unless you're in a Provincial border town, it makes no difference what your area code is, as you can call anywhere in your province.  A Canada-Wide calling plan has no restrictions.  Local calls do not exist at Public Mobile

@mishkaismine Why would you "need" a 647 number? How badly do you need a 647 number, perhaps ----- https://www.ringboost.com/vanity-numbers/search_vanity_numbers/local_vanity_numbers/ontario/647/x000...?

>>> ALERT: I am not a CSA. Je ne suis pas un Agent du soutien à la clientèle.

mishkaismine

I need a 647 number.  during signup there were many.  In your account, it does not allow me to choose that. Not fair.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Luddite wrote:

Disagree that PM may be able to activate this number. If it has already been assigned to someone else you will be required to take a different number @mishkaismine .

I dunno. When I first signed up I suddenly got many calls for the next little while in an immediate sense of like are you coming in to work tomorrow or whatever. I kept the number and thought nothing of it assuming he had stopped using it coincidentally and told these callers that the guy is not here.

Disagree that PM may be able to activate this number. If it has already been assigned to someone else you will be required to take a different number @mishkaismine .

>>> ALERT: I am not a CSA. Je ne suis pas un Agent du soutien à la clientèle.

@mishkaismine wrote:

I did already, hope they respond.

@mishkaismine  They will respond. However it may take up to 48 hours.

mishkaismine

I did already, hope they respond.

@mishkaismine wrote:

New number activation.  I can text people and call people and the number shows up. Receiving the number doesn't work.

@mishkaismine  I suggest sending a message to the moderator team asap. Click this to send them a message.

They should be able to work it out for you

mishkaismine

New number activation.  I can text people and call people and the number shows up. Receiving the number doesn't work.

mishkaismine

Ok I did. I hope they can resolve this.

Was this a port of a number from a different provider, or did you select a new number at activation?

Apparently, whatever the number is, it's already active elsewhere.

@mishkaismine wrote:

The numbers that are available are terrible.  I like what I chose.

I suggest sending a message to the moderator team. Click this to send them a message.

They should be able to work it out for you

mishkaismine

The numbers that are available are terrible.  I like what I chose.

Eni
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

It doesn't cost anything. Goodluck!

steff12321
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

Nope, changing your number is always free. 

However, it looks like someone else is having the same issue at the moment. Try changing your number but if that doesn't help it is probably a bug with Public Mobile and you will need to talk to the @CS_Agent to get this straightened out. 

Edit: getting a new number should always start working instantaneously (maybe after giving your phone a restart) and is not like porting in a number which requires a more complex process. 

mishkaismine

Does it cost money to change my number?  And i activated it just 10min ago.

steff12321

Hmm.. how long has it been since you activated? That is really strange that him calling directs the call to someone else. 

If you don't mind losing your number and choosing a new one, you can change it again from the self-serve online account. This should fix any provisioning problems. 

Otherwise I would suggest you contact the @CS_Agent for assistance in fixing this current number. You may need to wait up to a day or two for a reply from them, though. 

mishkaismine

I can also call him and he can pick up. No one can call me.

mishkaismine

I'm right beside him and yes. lol.  He can text me, i'll get it.  He calls me...someone else picks up

steff12321

Is he calling the right number?

Are you porting in your number or is it a new one?

What shows up on his caller ID when you call him, is he calling you on the same number? 

Need Help? Let's chat.