cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Been through Blackberry now going through Alcatel

Angelic_Fille90
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

Hi everyone,

Happy Saint Jean to fellow PublicMobile members in Quebec.

I'm still on my new cellphone quest. 

I went through Blackberry and now on to Alcatel.

I was a bit surprise to see that Alcatel sold their own text pad phones. But those and the bar pad wouldn't be compatible.

I looked and found some flips and might get one locally. 

I'll keep you updated on what happens next.

6 REPLIES 6

Angelic_Fille90

@TheOldVR wrote:

I used to be such a BlackBerry fan, and then the Playbook and BB10 happened.

That wasted enough of my cash that I won't be looking at a BB phone for a long time.

I wish BB would come up with an offer to get us old Bold lovers back again so we could become brand ambassodors as we use to be.

I think the 9810 was my last BB Bold? What an awesome phone, text, and email box....

I can relate GREATLY.Cat Tongue

One brand one I vow NEVER EVER to purchase is Samsung.

I had the first or second edition Samsung smartphone and that battery life is such a pain!

Than I had what must of been the third edition and the screen cracked! (Plus I was with a deceptive cell company which I won't name and they had hidden fees.)

I was with Fido and had an old model flip but the battery life wasn't the best. 

Long before those three phones I had another flip with Rogers but wasn't impress with their service-the phone never gave problems though.

In reality, I always wanted to own BOTH a flip AND a Blackberry! Cat Very Happy

I perfer phones like those because its basic and you can get so much done. I agree, Blackberry WAS the top of all cellphones. Cat Wink

Angelic_Fille90

@srlawren wrote:

@Angelic_Fille90 no problem.  It's a recent thing.  For many many years, BlackBerry designed and built their own hardware.  But recently they had to divest of that and partnered with TCl to spin off a new company named... Blackberry Mobile.  So original Blackberry company continues to make software, while BlackBerry Mobile (basically TCL) produces the newest hardware.

http://business.financialpost.com/fp-tech-desk/personal-tech/tcl-blackberry-reveal-partnership-detai...

https://mobilityarena.com/blackberry-partnership-tcl/

Research and Motion had it ALL!

Its sad the Blackberry's popularity went down the drain.Cat Sad

The sole person I remember still had a Blackberry was Barack Obama.Cat Tongue

Least we forget this famous phone is of Canadian origin!Cat Wink

TheOldVR
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

I used to be such a BlackBerry fan, and then the Playbook and BB10 happened.

That wasted enough of my cash that I won't be looking at a BB phone for a long time.

I wish BB would come up with an offer to get us old Bold lovers back again so we could become brand ambassodors as we use to be.

I think the 9810 was my last BB Bold? What an awesome phone, text, and email box....

srlawren
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@Angelic_Fille90 no problem.  It's a recent thing.  For many many years, BlackBerry designed and built their own hardware.  But recently they had to divest of that and partnered with TCl to spin off a new company named... Blackberry Mobile.  So original Blackberry company continues to make software, while BlackBerry Mobile (basically TCL) produces the newest hardware.

http://business.financialpost.com/fp-tech-desk/personal-tech/tcl-blackberry-reveal-partnership-detai...

https://mobilityarena.com/blackberry-partnership-tcl/

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

Angelic_Fille90

@srlawren wrote:

Hi @Angelic_Fille90.  FYI, modern Blackberry devices (DTEK50, DTEK60, and Key One) are actually made by Alcatel's parent company TCL.  TCL makes phones for both Alcatel and those BB devices I mentioned (plus new ones in the future).  

REALLY? Cat Surprised

I had no idea that they're from the same parent company.

I'm REALLY glad now that I pick those brands.Cat Very Happy

Thanks for that bit of info @srlawren!Cat Happy

srlawren
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

Hi @Angelic_Fille90.  FYI, modern Blackberry devices (DTEK50, DTEK60, and Key One) are actually made by Alcatel's parent company TCL.  TCL makes phones for both Alcatel and those BB devices I mentioned (plus new ones in the future).  

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.
Need Help? Let's chat.