cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bandwidth 2 questions

ogojosan
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen
1)How much do we lose Bandwidth just connecting PM for 1 day and do nothing. After I received 98% of data is used email, next day my connection is gone, not even touched a phone. While a phone is connected 4G is indicated. 2)Yet I am still able to receive and make a phone call? My plane is $25 /1GB with Auto pay. And expire day is Sep 19/2020
4 REPLIES 4

yanzhiqiang
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

I set up WiFi only for my Emails and other unimportant apps.

@ogojosan never leave your data on if you're not using it. get in the habit of only enabling data when you need to use it. 

Staliger
Mayor / Maire

@ogojosan apps can use data on background and update themselves. Make sure your data is off as well as the option that enables data if wifi is off.

srlawren
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@ogojosan just because you're not doing anything on your phone to use data, doesn't necessarily mean it's not using data in the background.  Depending on your sync settings (to Google if you have an Android phone, or to Apple iCloud if you have an iPhone), and what apps you have installed and running and how they are configured, some background data usage can be expected.  Your phone should be able to tell you more about what apps/services are using your data.  What type of phone are you using?

You should always be able to make and receive phone calls and send and receive texts with your plan, regardless of using up your data.

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.
Need Help? Let's chat.