cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
mpcdesign
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

Welcome to Public Mobile: Some Insights While Joining Us!

@Eliza5, welcome to the community forum and Public Mobile Eliza. I hope you are safe and tucked away with a good cup of liquid and working in front of the computer.

A few things to remember when joining Public Mobile in saving a few bucks a month:

• Don't forget to add the AutoPay for a further $2 off a month!
  • Loyalty rewards are received after 1 year with Public Mobile, you can earn $1 every 30 days. In the second year, it gets bumped up to $2 every 30 days. Maximum is 5 years, you will receive $5 every 30 days
  • Got a buddy? Get $1 per month for each friend you refer 
  • Participating in the community forum. This ranges from $1 to $20. This can take a few minutes a day to hours. I would think the ones who are in the top 10 are people who are in the forum longer than a few hours. But, I would think, they have helped many people who had issues, and helps to alleviate the tickets to the moderator team. 

When posting in the forum, make sure you post properly in the correct sections of the forum. For example, a made a post about a reminder for the daylight savings, and I put it in the wrong section. I got 'outed' by an 'Oracle' and that my comment should have been in 'the lounge'. I didn't have the power to move it there, but another 'Oracle' agreed to the comment and just moved it. Thankfully, I have thick skin, so, I was fine with the comments, letting you know from my experiences! 

It's very true, if you don't know for sure, don't mention it. There are a few people here who have good 'mojo' with the ins and outs of Public Mobile and among other things. You know who you are:  @will13am@gblackma@darlicious@popping@ShawnC13@Jb456@kselmak@computergeek541, among many others! 

When posting to the forum, do add message tags. I try to do this when it's a lengthy message such as this.  Tags are specific keywords that can be applied to the posts in order to make them easily searchable by other users. This is a great way to find your own posts or on other users or by date, relevance, and so on in the search bar. 

And have fun. I think that's an important aspect of it. Some people get bent out of shape when there is no face-2-face service to unhappy people with Public Mobile. I try to be serious, and sometimes sarcastic with my remarks, but, I do try to make it light (I think?!)

In Summary: 

• $2.00 per month for AutoPay (super uber easy to accomplish)
  • $1-$5 per month for Loyalty (super uber easy to accomplish)
  • $1 per month for each friend you refer (hard to accomplish, I think!)
  • $1-$20 per month for Community Forum (so-so to accomplish)
  • Use message tags
  • Put posts in the correct respective sections
  • Have fun! 

Eliza5
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

Multiple Badges

Hello,

If you receive 5 Top 50% badges what does that mean in term of rewards?  Is it like $15 off?

Also, although I hear that the Top 0.5% badge is obsolete it is near the top, next to Oracles.  What kind of reward is currently associated with it?

Eliza5

z10user4
Mayor / Maire

Re: Multiple Badges

The Community reward badges are monthly. If you get the 50% badge then you'll get $1 reward.

0.5% badge is obsolete therefore no reward.

It used to be like the now 1% badge.

gblackma
Mayor / Maire

There is a glitch in the system sometimes it throws out a lot of badges for no reason @Eliza5. The only one that matters is the one with the date in it.  Thats the badge you earned. A top 50 % badge means $1 off, it doesn't matter how many of them you get, the reward is still $1. 

As for the obsolete top 0.5% badge, there are no currently no rewards associated with it.

These are the current community rewards. See link https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/bc/get-help/articles/the-community-reward

Eliza5

If we receive a Top 0.5% badge then we would receive the 1% reward?

Eliza5

ShawnC13
Oracle

@Eliza5 wrote:

If we receive a Top 0.5% badge then we would receive the 1% reward?

Eliza5

You can't receive that Badge anymore.  It may show up as a glitch but there won't be a date under it that you earned it.

I am happy to help, but I am not a MOD please do not include any personal info in a message to me. Click the  in the bottom right to create a trouble ticket *

gblackma
Mayor / Maire

@Eliza5  these are your current badges. There is currently no way to earn that particular badge.

Screenshot_20200323-133426.jpg

Eliza5

OK...

I do have 2 other Top % badges that don't have a date but have numbers up in the right hand corner.  Not sure what that means.

Eliza5

ShawnC13
Oracle

@Eliza5 wrote:

OK...

I do have 2 other Top % badges that don't have a date but have numbers up in the right hand corner.  Not sure what that means.

Eliza5

Here are the badges you have earned.  Any additional ones you see in your profile are "ghost" badges and you have not earned those.

ShawnC13_0-1584985721774.png

I am happy to help, but I am not a MOD please do not include any personal info in a message to me. Click the  in the bottom right to create a trouble ticket *

gblackma
Mayor / Maire

@Eliza5 it shows you what the badge. 5 bravos earned has a 5 etc. No date means you didn't earn it. My screenshot shows you the badges you earned.

Need Help? Let's chat.