Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Badges

Eliza5
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

Hi,

Kind of curious...

How many 50% badges do you require to move up to 25%?

Eliza5

146 REPLIES 146

@Eliza5  these are your current badges. There is currently no way to earn that particular badge.

Screenshot_20200323-133426.jpg

@Eliza5 wrote:

If we receive a Top 0.5% badge then we would receive the 1% reward?

Eliza5

You can't receive that Badge anymore.  It may show up as a glitch but there won't be a date under it that you earned it.

I am happy to help, but I am not a Customer Support Agent please do not include any personal info in a message to me. Click HERE to create a trouble ticket through SIMon the Chatbot *

Eliza5

If we receive a Top 0.5% badge then we would receive the 1% reward?

Eliza5

There is a glitch in the system sometimes it throws out a lot of badges for no reason @Eliza5. The only one that matters is the one with the date in it.  Thats the badge you earned. A top 50 % badge means $1 off, it doesn't matter how many of them you get, the reward is still $1. 

As for the obsolete top 0.5% badge, there are no currently no rewards associated with it.

These are the current community rewards. See link https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/bc/get-help/articles/the-community-reward

Anonymous
Not applicable

The Community reward badges are monthly. If you get the 50% badge then you'll get $1 reward.

0.5% badge is obsolete therefore no reward.

It used to be like the now 1% badge.

Eliza5

Hello,

If you receive 5 Top 50% badges what does that mean in term of rewards?  Is it like $15 off?

Also, although I hear that the Top 0.5% badge is obsolete it is near the top, next to Oracles.  What kind of reward is currently associated with it?

Eliza5

@Eliza5, welcome to the community forum and Public Mobile Eliza. I hope you are safe and tucked away with a good cup of liquid and working in front of the computer.

A few things to remember when joining Public Mobile in saving a few bucks a month:

• Don't forget to add the AutoPay for a further $2 off a month!
  • Loyalty rewards are received after 1 year with Public Mobile, you can earn $1 every 30 days. In the second year, it gets bumped up to $2 every 30 days. Maximum is 5 years, you will receive $5 every 30 days
  • Got a buddy? Get $1 per month for each friend you refer 
  • Participating in the community forum. This ranges from $1 to $20. This can take a few minutes a day to hours. I would think the ones who are in the top 10 are people who are in the forum longer than a few hours. But, I would think, they have helped many people who had issues, and helps to alleviate the tickets to the moderator team. 

When posting in the forum, make sure you post properly in the correct sections of the forum. For example, a made a post about a reminder for the daylight savings, and I put it in the wrong section. I got 'outed' by an 'Oracle' and that my comment should have been in 'the lounge'. I didn't have the power to move it there, but another 'Oracle' agreed to the comment and just moved it. Thankfully, I have thick skin, so, I was fine with the comments, letting you know from my experiences! 

It's very true, if you don't know for sure, don't mention it. There are a few people here who have good 'mojo' with the ins and outs of Public Mobile and among other things. You know who you are:  @will13am@gblackma@darlicious@popping@ShawnC13@Jb456@kselmak@computergeek541, among many others! 

When posting to the forum, do add message tags. I try to do this when it's a lengthy message such as this.  Tags are specific keywords that can be applied to the posts in order to make them easily searchable by other users. This is a great way to find your own posts or on other users or by date, relevance, and so on in the search bar. 

And have fun. I think that's an important aspect of it. Some people get bent out of shape when there is no face-2-face service to unhappy people with Public Mobile. I try to be serious, and sometimes sarcastic with my remarks, but, I do try to make it light (I think?!)

In Summary: 

• $2.00 per month for AutoPay (super uber easy to accomplish)
  • $1-$5 per month for Loyalty (super uber easy to accomplish)
  • $1 per month for each friend you refer (hard to accomplish, I think!)
  • $1-$20 per month for Community Forum (so-so to accomplish)
  • Use message tags
  • Put posts in the correct respective sections
  • Have fun! 

threads about closely related topics have been merged

@Eliza5  Lol....im not sure you really want to know......

Here's the crux of it....when I first joined I knew absolutely nothing tech related so i had an enormous learning curve. I also knew by switching to public mobile i had to embrace technology and drastically up my game to not only manage my account and my phone but also the accounts of several other friends/family I had referred. I signed up for public mobiles "community" college to learn not only about rewards, promotions, troubleshooting, my account, phones and activations but also how to copy and paste, links (which is still hit and miss) the toolbar (which they just changed and us only partially accessible to mobile device users) and the quote button which has also disappeared for mobile device users. Lots of learning, practising, memorizing, reading and studying but it has paid off.....in how I've helped others and myself....and yes in community reward.

In real value I've earned between $0.04 and $0.06 per hour spent on here and my top 1% badge months directly coincided with me being off work due to medical reasons....and with my surgical date on this past Tuesday postponed indefinitely I remain mostly housebound my norm but everybody else's new normal. Here's my stats for exactly the last 7 months....

1. 4345 posts, 75 topics started, 43 solution marked accepted
  2. 75255 page views, 172446 posts read
  3. 3600 bravos received, 2623 bravos given
  4. 118 solutions received
  5. 66042 minutes online, over 1100 hours, about 45 days.....yikes! 6 1/2 full days a month or about 19 - 8 hour shifts a month.....one 8 hour shift shy of a full time job!

Eliza5

Hi Shawn,

Totally agree...personally I am here to inform and be informed.  The rewards are definitely a bonus.  

This seems to be a great community.

Eliza5

@Eliza5 wrote:

Hi darlicious,

I think today I must have gotten carried away.  I am sure I was on here for more than 5 hours.  Basically staying home due to the social distancing advisory.  Too much time on my hands.  Perhaps this will result in big rewards.

How much time on average did you spend daily in this community to receive such high monthly discounts.  

Eliza5

@Eliza5 , it is great to see new members excited and eager to help.  The best recommendation I can give is to read A LOT understand what issues are affecting people and read what has helped in the past.  Remember it is QUALITY over Quantity.  If you aren't sure of an answer don't put that info out there.  It is better to wait and see what others provide rather than providing someone with incorrect information.  As for the top earners for rewards, I would say they are "browsing" the community 6+ hours a day.  It is a marathon not a sprint plan to help out for the long haul, not just a few months.  Many great members burn out or get bored.  Remember if you are here just for the rewards you are here for the wrong reasons, you really want to be here to help people out.  The rewards are a bonus!!

I am happy to help, but I am not a Customer Support Agent please do not include any personal info in a message to me. Click HERE to create a trouble ticket through SIMon the Chatbot *

Eliza5

Hi darlicious,

I think today I must have gotten carried away.  I am sure I was on here for more than 5 hours.  Basically staying home due to the social distancing advisory.  Too much time on my hands.  Perhaps this will result in big rewards.

How much time on average did you spend daily in this community to receive such high monthly discounts.  

Eliza5

Eliza5

Thank you, that is very helpful.

@Eliza5  As a new user you're doing all the right things to earn a community reward. Ask away...the more you learn the more you will understand about public mobile, the community and your self serve account works. By awarding solutions to your questions you help your participation numbers and you give credit to the members where credit is due....as does bravoing the other members that offer advice along the way.

When I first started my first month I received the top 25% badge ($2) and the next month the top 5% ($10). After a few more months the top 1% ($15)......but that's a lot of time and effort! Last month back to the top 5% (still a lot of work!) Keep up some daily participation and you will likely get some badge level....itll be a nice surprise in your account around the 7th of April.

Eliza5

Thanks

dabr
Mayor / Maire

@Eliza5   The only badges and corresponding rewards available currently are listed in the post by @hairbag1.   As has already been mentioned the .5% is no longer available to be awarded.

The high singles and low doubles is simply a reference to when the rewards are posted in the users' account and community profile, ie: near the end of first week of the month (low singles) and near the second week of the month (doubles). 

At least that is my interpretation of what @Anonymous  was saying:)

Edit:  Sorry, didn't see the explanation before I posted

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Eliza5 

Sorry...a needlessly long-winded way to say April oh 7th or so to April maybe 11th or 12th.

That seems to be about when badges might get put on accounts.

But you'll see the value of what reward you might get around the 6th or thereabouts.

Eliza5

Hi,

Don't understand...

What do you mean by high singles/low doubles of April?

Eliza5

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Eliza5 

Certain. You can't possibly have got a badge of such high ranking in your short amount of time here. Especially one that doesn't really exist anymore.

Wait until the high singles/low doubles dates of April to see what if any badge you earned for your March participation.

Eliza5

Hi,

Are you sure that customers receiving this badge aren't being short changed?

Eliza5

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Eliza5 

Yes. I have one of those too from earlier on in my "career" here. It's meaningless. A bug. Doesn't change anything in rewards.

Eliza5

Hi,

Here is the image that someone provided of the Top 0.5% badge.

Screenshot (98).png

zblackma
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@Eliza5It will have no effect on the rewards. But, considering that it no longer exists, it would be rare indeed. Welcome to PM.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Are you seeing a .5% badge? It could be a ghost badge that doesn't really apply to anything.

The Community reward badges are put on your account early-ish in each month after they've put the reward value into your community rewards area.

You might also receive the whole collection. But they're spurious. And only you can see them in your account.

Edit: the badges that count will have a date along with the number of other people that got it. The spurious ones won't have a date.

Eliza5

Hi,

So if one receives a Top 0.5% badge today.  What is its significance?

Will it affect our rewards negatively?

Eliza5

@Eliza5 wrote:

Hi,

Anyone know what the .5% badge is and what it means?

I looked at the badge chart and it is not listed.

Is it new?

Eliza5

That badge was before the restructure of rewards.   It was the highest level you could get without being an Oracle and Oracles were I think .01

I think it's an old badge that is not in use anymore

Looks like it predates Oracles

The community reward system was restructured

Eliza5

Hi,

Anyone know what the .5% badge is and what it means?

I looked at the badge chart and it is not listed.

Is it new?

Eliza5

Need Help? Let's chat.