cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bad news for people who switched to Koodo!

Hen555
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I switched yesterday to Koodo and like many of you took advantage of the $50 refer a friend deal. I got my cousin to refer me and happily switched to Koodo to get a total of $150 credits for the PM switchover.

Just got off the phone with Koodo billing and they told me no one will be getting the $50 referal deal if they switched from the Public Mobile through the offer.

No where does it state we cannot use this but on their side they have a note that says they cannot add any more promos on top of the public mobile switch promo.

Using my arguments over the phone they gave me $25 credit because I spent about an hour on the line with Koodo. Even the koodo store told me it would work and helped me do the referal. At first they did not know if it would work but then they transfered me to the supervisor who contacted the other team and got the answer.

It will take about 1 month for them to process the referal request so in 1 month you can expect to be rejected. 

I am not sure whether you should call them now or wait for the rejection ...because what if it actually gets accepted.

18 REPLIES 18

Hen555

@Civic_Ewrote:

Technically they are right! You should not qualify for friend referral credit, because you learned about Koodo by PM. So, PM referred you to Koodo, not your friend!

This is what they told me on the phone ...which yes makes sense technically but did not state officially in the terms on the website or in the public mobile offer text. 

Civic_E
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

Technically they are right! You should not qualify for friend referral credit, because you learned about Koodo by PM. So, PM referred you to Koodo, not your friend!

kentnleung
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

i can confirm the $50 referrals are going thru on top of the stacked 40/5gb plan, i've maxed out my $300 referrals already.

@MoreYummywrote:

@will13am Even they try this trick, the complain would be alot less than last round.

Obviously I meant 1600 metaphorically.  In fact I am certain no one will be affected.  There seems to be a lot of SJW types working at Koodo who think they have the right to use personal judgment to make determinations on entitlement in situations where there are expliticit governing terms.  For referral rewards, the terms are very clear and there were no explicit changes made to discriminate against Public Mobile migrants. 

@will13am Even they try this trick, the complain would be alot less than last round.

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

@Hen555, why would you bother calling billing about this.  There is a tracking system that looks after this.  Wait patiently for the referral to process in the system and if it doesn't then call customer care and ask them to fix it.  As far as I can tell on the terms for referral, there are no prejudices about how the referred account is coming over to Koodo, be it a port from any other carrier or just a simple sign up.  In any event, if this is a univeral attempt to further punish people for taking the very action that Telus wants customers to take, then it would definitely be time to put another 1600 complaints into the CCTS. 

canucks4life
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

Not biting mother hen...registered two weeks ago lol

poutinecity

@imm1304

That's definitely good news.  Thanks for the info about the referral process.

imm1304
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

Hey @Hen555,

I know firsthand that this is not true.

I have an account with Koodo.  I referred a family member who was migrating from PM to Koodo.  We already got the email confirmation stating that the referral has been approved.

It always takes about a month for the actual bill credit to show up in your account.  

Both parties involved in the referral process get an email within a week usually; it clearly states whether the referral was approved or rejected and if rejected, a simple explanation of why.

I'm not saying that was deliberate or anything, but customer service and billing representives do sometimes make mistakes.  The person may have been informed of wrong information or misinterpreted something else that was read or said to him or her. 

I leaning towards that you'll be fine and receive the $50 referal credit just fine.  This is something that they advertised and it's doubtful that they programmed some type of exception to dissallow the credit just for people who take advantage of a migration offer.

If nothing is mentioned in the terms of the referal offer about not allowing former Public Mobile customers to receive this and you end up not receiving the $50, contact Koodo again.  If they still refuse to budge, you can askto speak to another representitive or even file a CCTS complaint.

Mana
Mayor / Maire

If it says somewhere in their terms and conditions of the 5gb $40 deal that you cannot combine it with any other offers or promo then maybe you can't get the $50 referral. 

shawnie_boy

If it doesn't state it in the terms, it is fine. Sure they can end the program, but I think they have a legal obligation to pay out for anyone who completed the terms prior to them ending or changing the program. 

If this is the case, even more angry people after all these mess recently.

Zozr

Highly doubt this is true. 

Telus, Maybe they need a WANTED Pic, a Reward to collect on their bad behavior

shawnie_boy

I doubt it is true. The referral offer terms are very clear. If they don't allow it, watch out CCTS complaints against Koodo. 

Furthermore, I have already received the email stating I will get $50 and referral is approved. 

You can't trust anything these reps say, they are all a bunch of idiots who speak out of their ******

poutinecity

Seems like Telus is trying to make a lot of enemies. 

Luddite
Oracle
Oracle

Always wait to see if the error remains in your favour. Complaining can come later if needed. This is a generic opinion as I am not impacted by the Koodo offer.

>>> ALERT: I am not a CSA. Je ne suis pas un Agent du soutien à la clientèle.
Need Help? Let's chat.