cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bad connection / service

cgravelle
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I live in centre town Sudbury and also camp outside of town within 1hr of city limits.  I only have one or two bars and at times absolutely no service.  I was told that this provider is TELUS and Koodoos a subsidiary.  My husband has Koodoos and has better service reception!  Not satisfied!

4 REPLIES 4

Anonymous
Not applicable

@cgravelle 

i don't think so is that bad connection with service is the issue you have with your device, i do your another post... 

check it out is issue Towers Map in your area...outages Here link, 

and just to you know the public mobile the use Telus network and also koodo the use it so if you have in your area that tower you will getting the same networking from 3 company the use it the same one so how is will be bad connection , then try to test your SIM card with another device to see the issue where is it .....

Good Luck.

softech
Oracle
Oracle

I have check the area around Sudbury and it seems like they have both  3G and LTE coverage.

May I know what brand/model of your phone?  Sometimes, the phone could be a factor as well.

Also, as advised by @og2 , try to change the network to 3G only and see if you are getting incoming/outgoing calls and data

One more thing, showing no service is not good.  But 1 or 2 bars might not be as bad as it shows,  as long as you are still getting calls and data.

@cgravelle 

Which model phone do you have? Some phones don't have all the necessary bands for ideal use with Public mobile.  

og2
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

Koodo uses Volte - voice over LTE. public mobile doesn't support this feature... If there are no 3G towers nearby, your call reception will not be ideal. 

An alternate solution would be to switch to HSPA - 3G and see how your connection fairs while you're camping. It's not going to be as good as your husband's, but it might be better than your current cell reception.

Need Help? Let's chat.