cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Autopay

MarkV
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I have 3 phones on your service, all on auto pay. 2 of them have been suspended and say I am required to make a payment. when I log in, it says my balance "owing" is $0.00 and it wont process a manual payment? These 2 phones are for my daughters away at school, I need them working. Help?

11 REPLIES 11

popping
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@MarkV wrote:

I've sent a private message as well

Check your private message you sent to moderator to make sure to include the following info for both accounts in question because your community account may be linked to your account - not to your daughters' accounts.  

- PM Phone Number, 4 digit PIN, Account email address

It will take longer to fix the problem if moderator has to ask you for more info.  

Neptune3d
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Having the same issue with my phone, my CC number had changed and the same deal, now I have to wait for the mod team to get back and reactive the phone even with the cash sitting in my account.  Hopefully they will get things a bit more automated so we could just hit a button and reactivate our plans.  

For a self serve service, there seems to be quite a few times that we need to contact the mod team even though we should be able to solve these issues ourselves with the right tools made available.

Hopefully someday, in the mean time, you're not alone!

Make sure they've also rebooted or power cycled the phones.  Quirky things happen all the time - and this alone resolves a bunch of issues.

MarkV

Thank you

Dunkgirl
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@MarkV wrote:

For now you will have to wait, if they have wifi access its a good idea to put an app such as FONGO on their phone so they will have a 2nd back up / emergency / free number to make / receive calls from if their cell service is ever disconnected.

Dunkgirl

@MarkV wrote:

Phones aren't able to call or text. they received a message about being suspended on the weekend. I went on today and same message, i thought i would make a manual payment and it said my due was $0.00??? 

You need to contact the moderator team asap Click this to send them a message  Please include in the private message your phone number, name, your account number and PIN code and everything you have with as much detail as possible to prevent the need for more contact so they can solve the issue right away.

Community moderators are available from Monday to Friday from 9am (EDT) to 9pm (EDT) Saturday and Sunday from 9am (EDT) to 7pm (EDT) and strive to answer within the hour, but in peak periods could be up to 48 hours. Please be patient

More about contacting moderator team Click Here

MarkV

MarkV

Phones aren't able to call or text. they received a message about being suspended on the weekend. I went on today and same message, i thought i would make a manual payment and it said my due was $0.00??? 

RobertQc
Mayor / Maire

Think of auto pay as a method for public mobile to charge you IF your account does not have sufficient balance. If you have sufficient balance it does not need to autopay, but auto pay is still configured so you get the reward. I highly recommend everyone to top off in advance as this process can prevent the somewhat common occurrence of autopay failure which causes a HUGE pain in the butt account suspension and loss of service.

RobertQc
Mayor / Maire

@MarkV wrote:

I have 3 phones on your service, all on auto pay. 2 of them have been suspended and say I am required to make a payment. when I log in, it says my balance "owing" is $0.00 and it wont process a manual payment? These 2 phones are for my daughters away at school, I need them working. Help?

Sorry you are having trouble, when is your plan renewal date? If it is tomorrow it is "normal" for plan to say suspended and payment will come out tomorrow. If it is not tomorrow and within 90 days see if you can manually make a payment to have your account reactivated automatically. If it does not re-activate only a moderator will be able to access your specific account information. Click this to send them a message Once it reaches 90 days inactive/suspended it will be deleted and removed

If today was your payment due date, then here's what to expect:
1. Expiration of completed period. Account will show "plan expired" sometime before midnight tonight.
2. Conversion of all rewards (including autopay) to available funds at midnight; rewards reset. Payment not collected yet at this point.  Account will show "Your account has been suspended" in big red letters.
3. In early hours of the morning, available funds will be used (if any), credit card will be charged (if necessary), plan will be renewed. Account status will then show "active."

When interacting with the moderator team, it is important to identify yourself with account PIN code, phone number / account number and provide as much information about the problem in question as possible so that the moderator team can work on the issue without having to ask for further information.  Each interaction causes further delays to problem resolution. 

I know it can be a little frustrating to wait but they will get back to you asoon as they can between Monday-Friday 9am-9pm (EDT) and Saturday-Sunday 9AM-7:30PM (EDT). It typically should be within 48 hours.

For more information about contacting a moderator Click Here

Dunkgirl

@MarkV wrote:

Are the phones actually not working or does it just say expired/ suspended in the account overview? Its a poorly designed system even when things are working as they should at renewal time it says "suspended" for everyone. They really need to change the way it informs customers. If the phones are still working everything is fine. When was your renewal date?

Need Help? Let's chat.