cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Autopay

Ketesdi
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I am wondering why autopay didn’t take my payment as scheduled. It has said that I am setup/active and gave me the next date the patent will be taken. I cannot have this happen every month! How do we get this resolved?

10 REPLIES 10

@Francesca1 wrote:

I have the same issue exactly.  My plan expired yesterday despite the fact that autopay is to be processed tomorrow and here I am with no service.  It would be appropriate to receive a text from PM regarding this issue.  I will pay manually right now but better not get double charged!  Fingers crossed.

Don’t worry anyway the money in your account will stay yours...and will be used for your next renewal..

Francesca1

I have the same issue exactly.  My plan expired yesterday despite the fact that autopay is to be processed tomorrow and here I am with no service.  It would be appropriate to receive a text from PM regarding this issue.  I will pay manually right now but better not get double charged!  Fingers crossed.

KFS

Good to know, however 4 reboots have yet to do the trick and my account page still shows me as "suspended".

Time for a direct message, I think ...

@KFS wrote:

Same here. I've been on autopay for over a year and suddenly around noon today I lost all service. Logged into my account and apparently my plan has "expired" two days before autopay was even due. It's been over 3 hours and I still have no service.

I'm seeing several messages about how the mods said things would be fixed "any minute now" -- and that was over an hour ago. I also don't see any mention of this problem as an announcement or even a social media post. There are hundreds, if not thousands, of people affected by this so-called autopay bug -- I'm really disappointed in PM for not at least saying "We have a problem, and yes, we're looking into it. We'll keep you updated."

They answered in some thread that...

Re: Account was suspended before the due date.

Hello everyone,

For those you you affected by the plan expiry issue, please restart your phone and test your services.

If you are still unable to use your line, please send us a private message.

For any inquiries about Rewards or if you have made a manual payment, please send us a private message, as well.

Thank you,

The Public Mobile Team

KFS

Same here. I've been on autopay for over a year and suddenly around noon today I lost all service. Logged into my account and apparently my plan has "expired" two days before autopay was even due. It's been over 3 hours and I still have no service.

I'm seeing several messages about how the mods said things would be fixed "any minute now" -- and that was over an hour ago. I also don't see any mention of this problem as an announcement or even a social media post. There are hundreds, if not thousands, of people affected by this so-called autopay bug -- I'm really disappointed in PM for not at least saying "We have a problem, and yes, we're looking into it. We'll keep you updated."

popping
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

There are lots of renewal issues this morning.  It may be due to the Sunday morning maintenance update.  Just my guess and I don't have proof.

For subscribers, who will be renewed in a few days, should add fund manually to your account.  Don't depend on the autopay until it is fixed.

kidsndog
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I think Public Mobile needs to make an announcement pertaining to the cockup that has occurred due to their system maintenance. Take the initiative to acknowledge it and apologize.

Lieux
Oracle
Oracle

@Ketesdi wrote:

I am wondering why autopay didn’t take my payment as scheduled. It has said that I am setup/active and gave me the next date the patent will be taken. I cannot have this happen every month! How do we get this resolved?

You need to reach the moderator for this problem here..https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437 and explain what happened with your account. You can do a manuel payment now if you want. Waiting time is few hours to 2 days.

kidsndog
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

The same issue is occuring with me! I tried dialing out and got a message stating money is owed on my account. I have been using Autopay for 3 years now with the same credit card. I had to manually make a payment and then restart autopay. I suspect this had to do with the system maintenance that just occured yesterday: beyond irritating!

ZfromVanC
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

Sometimes autopay malfunctions, it is an unfortunate bug that will hopefully be fixed in the future. The best way to avoid this happening is to pre load money into your account before the renew date, so that the auto-pay just takes it from your available funds.

Need Help? Let's chat.