cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AutoPay

albertmcc
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

if my money gets taken out the day before my plan renews will my balance be affected?  ie. will my balance be used before my plan gets topped up??

2 REPLIES 2

srlawren
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@albertmcc wrote:

if my money gets taken out the day before my plan renews will my balance be affected?  ie. will my balance be used before my plan gets topped up??

@albertmcc did I understand your question correctly? It sounds like you have an Available Funds balance > $0, and you're curious what happnes during renewal.

I believe the process for funding your renewal goes like this:

1) First, any rewards (AutoPay reward, Loyalty reward, community reward, referral reward) are converted to available funds.  Basically this means if you've earned $6 in total rewards since your most recent renewal, $6 of available funds is added to your account.

2) Next, the system checks if your Avaiable Funds balance is enough to cover the cost of your plan renewal.  If not, it takes (plan renewal cost) and subtracts (avaialable balance amount), and what's left is processed by auto pay as a top-up (aka charge to your card on file), and the amount is added to your available funds to bring it up to the full plan renewal cost

3) the following morning, plan renewal cost is deducted from your available funds and the plan renews.

Does that help?

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

Jessica_T
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

@albertmcc wrote:

@albertmccPublic Mobile Available funds in self serve balance is used first. If you do not have enough already here then it will take money out of your autopay to cover what is not there. So yes your balance is used before top up.

Need Help? Let's chat.